Author Topic: heaven to hell in 12 hours  (Read 7672 times)

Offline Ally B

heaven to hell in 12 hours
« on: August 29, 2014, 19:49:48 PM »
I was not going to send this in case people think I am a grumpy old git{I probably am} but here goes.We were in Calis May/June for three weeks staying at the quiet end right on the front next to the Letoon.We eat out one night and in the next.It is so enjoyable having a meal on the balcony and having a couple of bottles of wine to end the night.After being there for a week enjoying the peace and quiet we went to bed to the tune of the waves breaking on the beach [Bliss] When we wakened in the morning expecting to hear the same sound we were greeted with the sound of screaming kids.The Broons family had moved in downstairs.Six adults and six kids.It was a shame for the kids because they could not talk but boy could they shout.Whether they were a yard or twenty yards away they had to shout at each other.It made it impossible to laze at the pool,could not concentrate to read or listen to my mp3.So it had to be the beach.Wait a mo there were no sunbeds.Thank heaven for Guvens.  After a nice day at Guvens we were heading back thinking it cant get any worse,but it did.Next door to the Broons three women two kids and an overspill from Crufts,  three dogs had arrived.One of the dogs  must have been in an accident because it had a bandage on its back leg and its front leg was in a sling. The poor thing must have been hurting because it cried most of the day or was that because it got left out in the garden most of the time.The other dogs must have felt sorry for their pal because every time it whined they barked.  We were maybe fortunate both parties were only there for a week so we had another week of proper Calis. Everyone has to have their holiday but the noise put a bit of a damper on ours.Still we had a good holiday and will be back next year for the 21st time.

Offline patrice

Re: heaven to hell in 12 hours
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 21:16:35 PM »
Sorry Ally B but your post did make me laugh  ;D....but glad it did not put you off returning for another visit

Offline Menthol

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 21:49:47 PM »
The Broons!  ;D - loved it, AllyB.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 22:17:21 PM »
We had a similar but not so severe an experience in June.

However. problem solved, amicably I believe, by the intervention of the on-site complex "agent" (such a nice man), owners on site and the owners, off site, we were renting from.

Of course when people sign up they won't know if there will be someone on site to deal with problems and/or have details of apartment owners they are renting from

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 22:23:05 PM »
deleted

senior moment  :) AGAIN - third time this evening.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 22:23:38 PM »
You have my sympathy. Our little piece of paradise has been turned into an apart hotel by our money grabbing neighbours who Don,t care who they rent out to. All day everyday the renters  find it impossible to just talk without shouting,move a chair without scraping it along the floor and close a door without slamming it.

We have to leave our home to get some peace and end up by the pool at our local hotel most days. We can't get near our pool for the sheer size of the families that stay..We counted 15 of them in there last week, it's a 3 bed apartment for God's sake..

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 22:36:46 PM »
....our money grabbing neighbours....

Excuse me slikmrs but were your neighbours there before you bought and why do you resent them potentially making money from holiday rentals. After all they have had a capital outlay.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 23:20:14 PM »
... and fees to pay

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 01:10:02 AM »
We love to go to the quiet block of apartments which we have now visited 4 times, however the year before last a Turkish family rented the villa next door to the apartments, and the whole family decided to go in the pool with much yelling and laughter starting approx. 11pm and going on to all hours.  When the youngest of the kids were dead tired they grizzled while the adults barbequed and drank.  The best way we got our own back was by making plenty of noise early the next morning just so they got the message!!

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 05:29:32 AM »
No highlander they weren't there before I bought..otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. When I bought it this was an extremely quiet and peaceful place with a set of 4 neighbours who only rented to family and friends. They might have an outlay..but then so did I and surely have the right to have some say as a quarter owner of this place into how it's run.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf