Author Topic: nice way to spend an hour  (Read 4677 times)

Offline mac2010

Re: nice way to spend an hour
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 10:06:52 AM »
I always say to Phil, not to blame the Turkish drivers, it is not there fault that the Government does not have them taught to drive properly. 
I also always cringe when I see chlldren standing up in the front and backs of cars.  Yesterday one children was standing up with her head out of the back window.
There should be a programme on Turkish T.V. to show parents what happens to unrestrained children in cars.

The driving Test here is the same as England and EU.Problem is when they pass the test  they can not be bothered to follow the rules of the roads.

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 11:44:52 AM »
I love driving in Turkey.

I think it's the way you can just set off with total disregard for other road users, turn without indicating and stop wherever you want.

Fantastic   ;)  ;)  ;)

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 12:09:01 PM »
If you watch the way any of the Turkish driving school instructors themselves behave behind the wheel you will realise that the learners have no hope of understanding how to drive responsibly & safely ;(

Offline incir

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 12:36:22 PM »
What drives me bonkers is seeing a perfectly good child seat in a car but the child isn't actually strapped into it.

Offline kawasakikid

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 13:48:35 PM »
One of the things I grew to hate in Turkey was the lack of respect for the rules of the road

How can you have respect for something that does not exist?

We spent a good 6 years driving in Turkey. The hardest part was adapting back when we returned to the UK.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.  When you get in your car in the UK, you join the queue until you reach your destination- like sheep.  Want to overtake? Forget it, you will be accused of being irresponsible or done by the police or both.  Stick to watching Top Gear and keep dreaming (the repeats anyway).

I love driving in Turkey- once you have mentally discarded the Highway Code and developed independent swivel eyes like a chameleon!

I always say to Phil, not to blame the Turkish drivers, it is not there fault that the Government does not have them taught to drive properly. 
I also always cringe when I see chlldren standing up in the front and backs of cars.  Yesterday one children was standing up with her head out of the back window.
There should be a programme on Turkish T.V. to show parents what happens to unrestrained children in cars.

I do agree with this as well.  There is driving by the seat of your pants and then there is criminal negligence.

their carrot cake is so delicious

As is there bread and other sweet pastries!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 15:26:35 PM by kawasakikid »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 14:34:36 PM »
We were told by a couple of Turkish friends that the driving test is a piece of cake.  No L plates required before the test.  Apparenlty, you go to a designated area, drive up and down a road and you have then passed your test.
In Turkey they should, like in the U.K. have L plates first learn to drive with a driving school and take a proper test on the road.   It is obvious that the Turkish drivers are totally ignorant of how to drive properly.  I have seem many children driving cars around our area.  One child looked about 12 years old.
Also was told today, that in Turkey it is an offence to drive an use a mobile phone....as someone once sayd LOL.    ;) ;D

Offline tj1uk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 14:45:38 PM »
We was thinking of hiring a car for a day or two this time when we are over to get to some quiet spots but now having second thoughts. when your on a coach you don't really take note of how others are driving as your just enjoying the scenery.

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 15:42:29 PM »
I also like the tricycles that come with a mandatory old person in the basket 8) 8) 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf