Author Topic: Calis Beach in December  (Read 2722 times)

Offline Annakristine Bergström

Calis Beach in December
« on: October 16, 2015, 07:57:10 AM »
Hi
I am over in Calis Beach in December for 10 days visiting people.
I just wandered if there is anywhere open or does everything shut down at the end of the season?

We are spending New Years Eve there also and interested to know what goes on if anything?
Most important what clothes to bring!

Many Thanks
Annakristine   :)

Offline Yaz

Re: Calis Beach in December
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 09:44:37 AM »
Always seem to be a few places open, eg Nil bar ,Enya on the prom for example. There is more open on the Kordon in Fethiye. As for clothes take jumpers, body warmer, a coat, as it is often sunny but the air feels cold also can be very cold at night. If you find you have taken the wrong stuff a quick trip up to Waikikki at the Erasta is a good source of cheap clothes! Have a nice time!

Offline yabanci

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 10:13:48 AM »
The Enya will not be open this winter as it is closing in November for a big refurbishment.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 10:57:03 AM »
Guvens stays open all year i spent some lovely days there on the beach last December though not as late as new year time.Always a warm abd friendly welcome there  :)

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 15:56:52 PM »
I love Fethiye in December. Nice in the day but can get cold at night. Loads open in Fethiye, just some of Paspatur closed

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 16:45:36 PM »
Bring clothes that you can layer, that way you can add / subtract a layer as it gets cooler / warmer. You will also be as well to have a light waterproof coat to hand

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 17:59:40 PM »
If you do get cold, some  nice jumpers etc., in shops like Koton, L.C.Waikiki, DeFacto at really cheap prices.  Find them all at the Erasta Shopping Centre or in the Town Centre in Fethiye.  I bought a light rain jacket with hood in L.C.Waikiki for about £10.00. 

Offline Menthol

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 20:53:24 PM »
A cardigan or zip up top will be your best friend.

It can be so warm through the day but as soon as you are out of the sun it feels chilly.

Much colder indoors than outdoors too.

And definitely cold at night.

But the air is clear and the views stretch for ever, there's much less traffic, the beaches and the sea look even more beautiful, you can walk for miles without leaving a trail of sweat on the path and I LOVE winter here.

Have fun!

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 14:30:58 PM »
Coming in December myself this year and yes places are open I know and look forward to seeing all Calis/Fethiye has to offer in December and January! If anyone is looking for a Hotel Nevada is open and I got a great deal for 5 weeks there with Travel Republic. Looking forward to seeing what Xmas menus will be offered and where! Got the Port, Brandy and Xmas Pudding all ready!

JT

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 15:54:58 PM »
We tried to buy Port, but could not find it anywhere, the guy in the Alcohol Shop on the Gunlukbasi Road had never heard of Port.  So, best to get supplies in from the Duty Free.  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf