Author Topic: Underfloor heating.  (Read 2134 times)

Offline 160606

Underfloor heating.
« on: November 24, 2015, 14:15:31 PM »
I'm looking for information on underfloor heating, unfortunately what is already written on here is about 5 years old.  I've been talking to my daughter's builder back in the U.K. and he informs me that you can get underfloor heating on a roll now that is just laid to the length and then cut and the next one laid alongside.  He showed me it as it is available from B & Q and it looks great.  I wonder if anyone has seen or heard of this here in Calis and if so what their thoughts on it are and who would be providing this. Thanks in advance.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Underfloor heating.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 14:46:42 PM »
Folks I know who have had the "wet" underfloor heating installed have found the cost v benefit to be poor.  Too many open spaces and poor insulation means the heat dissipates extremely quickly.

Given energy prices in Turkey, you may find the same with the electric version.  It's pretty flexible so packs could easily be carried over in a suitcase if you can't find it locally.

JF

Offline 160606

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 08:02:27 AM »
Thanks John, you've helped us make our minds up, its a wooden floor and a new energy efficient air con unit.  Thanks again.

Offline skibumuk

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 08:08:52 AM »
I had underfloor heating installed in two rooms last year. One was as mentioned the roll variety. The other was a long cable that went across the room at about 4 inches apart. It is held in place by pegs and then screed was applied and then a wooden floor on top. This room is well insulated and as a result I can mostly have it on when electricity is cheap overnight and turn it off during the day. The following shows hopefully what I mean http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MCUBIDO?psc=1

I have read that these systems work best with tiled flooring. Mine however is under a wooden floor and works well. You would also be able to carry the wire system in your luggage.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 09:49:14 AM »

I've just had a leaflet delivered from Selco builders wharehouse  (in the UK) for December deals.
   One offer is Flexel Ecofloor underfloor heating mat. 3 square metre coverage £49.99 + vat.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 14:27:34 PM »
Underfloor heating works well if the floor is insulated with matting first to stop the heat from wasting away into the concrete,also the building its self should be properly insulated as underfloor heating is a slow steady heat source and will quickly dissipate if the warmth can not be kept in.I assume we are talking about homes here in Turkey? I have being using a new aircon system and they work very well all the time they run,but again warmth soon goes due to poor insulation.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf