Author Topic: What will be open in in mid October?  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Aluns1

What will be open in in mid October?
« on: June 19, 2016, 19:18:57 PM »
Good evening All,
      It is such along time since I have been on the forum so please forgive my ignorance on the question I have posed. After many years of wanting to come back to what I deem to be one of the best places to holiday the dream is finally about to come true as my youngest is about to go to Uni in Lancaster, this will leave us able to get back to Calis. What will be open mid October 10-24 ish. I am not after clubs etc just want to be able to eat out have a drink and relax.

Thanks in anticipation of your answers!!!!

Hope you are all well Scunner and all of the moderators

Offline sunlover

Re: What will be open in in mid October?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 19:48:03 PM »
Most of all of it will be open, we always go Octobe, getting very quiet then and things starting to close up by the very end, we are there until 24th October, and expect to be using the restaurants and bars.

Offline Aluns1

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 19:59:16 PM »
Thanks for the response Sunlover, I just checked the flights on a whim ad the look to be under £200 and at the moment I can book them straight away. what is the temperature that time of year?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 20:03:39 PM »
You might be there in time to catch the 16th Oludeniz Air Games, although they sometimes fall the week after your visit. The dates are usually announced around this time of the year.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 20:05:05 PM »
We arrived on 17th October last year and as Sunlover said, things are starting to get quiet in Calis but I don't recall anywhere that had already closed. Fethiye is open for business as usual. We like October in Calis.

Hope you are all well Scunner and all of the moderators

Could't be better thanks - hope the same with you  :)

Offline Aluns1

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 20:30:57 PM »
All is well with us Scunner just can't wait till the heir to my vast over draft (and the cause of it) goes to university, lives like I would have loved to have done while me and her mum come back to paradise. will probably be going to book in with Can and Mary at Caretta if they have room. If not my step daughter has a place backing on to the Sunday market just down from the summer rose shop?

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 21:33:16 PM »
Did you not recall last year, Mangals was closed, Scarlett was closed/closing. I thought mid October last year was very quiet
after spending nearly 3 weeks May/June this year I think more will be shut this year. We will be there mid October as we close our villa then, am not expecting a great deal of establishments to be open though 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 21:54:04 PM »
I do recall Mangal being closed Ron. Wasn't that due to some owner/management dispute and therefore nothing to do with time of year?

Places were quiet you are right - but the question wasn't about it being quiet, it was about places still being open  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 22:10:12 PM »
The only place I recall being closed was Sercul 1.  Everything else was open.  We like September and October, nice months to visit.

Offline sq291073

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 06:36:45 AM »
We will be staying with Can and Mary from 4th - 18th Oct, lovely apartments and Can and Mary are so welcoming, they are friends not apartment owners, you will have to introduce yourself

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf