Author Topic: Bag drop at Dalaman  (Read 1469 times)

Offline sunlover

Bag drop at Dalaman
« on: August 15, 2016, 09:08:03 AM »
Easyjet now has a statement as follows on there website:
Due to local regulations in place at Dalaman, your online boarding pass does not allow you into the departure area, so you must present yourself at BAG DROP to receive a validation stamp from our team. Failure to present yourself at BAG DROP at least 60 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure time will result in you being unable to fly.

Does this mean we have to queue up at check in desks, or is there just a bag drop area, we have always taken just hand luggage and walked straight through scanners to departure area.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Bag drop at Dalaman
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 10:09:48 AM »
We are the same Carole
Surely this cannot apply to those with only hand luggage?  I don't see any reason for us to queue when already checked in online

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 10:25:03 AM »
The way I read it this is due to increased security at Turkish airports in general - basically they're saying you need your boarding pass validated by a member of check in staff before heading off to the gates.  Its been a while since I flew Easyjet from DLM and cant remember where their Bag Drop is, but I'm sure it'll be sign posted.

The stricter levels of security, even under normal circumstances, also means that SAW in Istanbul is the only Turkish airport you can use the Easyjet boarding pass app.

JF

Offline LisaRob

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 20:24:30 PM »
Hi. Last time we flew back from Dalaman at the end of July we only had hand luggage.  Normally our flight has had a dedicated check-in desk but this time there was an Easyjet bag drop for all flights like in the UK. I guess they may change the desks but our bag drop was check-in desks 13-18 to the left after 1st security ( whereas we used to go to a desk to the right ). As I said we only had hand luggage but we did still have to validate our printed boarding passes at the bag drop but we only queued for about 5minutes  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf