Author Topic: Found ( very lucky ) dog, Ece marina area  (Read 3078 times)

Offline academylin

• Newly Registered
Found ( very lucky ) dog, Ece marina area
« on: September 17, 2016, 09:07:54 AM »
Morning, I wonder if anyone can help.
Early this morning we were woken by people shouting our name, the Turkish neighbors, knowing we have dogs were asking for help.

By the time we came to help firemen were there and also the marinares, but as they were Turkish they were afraid of dogs and literally didn't know what to do.

This dog was in the water, actually under the pontoon and jammed between the two concrete plinths, WELL jammed. It had tried to swim towards the gap of daylight, so now, not only was it jammed between the concrete, it's paws and head were jammed into a nine inch gap.

Long story short, my husband got into the marina water and, wearing the fire and gauntlets ( cause the dog was scared, drowning but still had the energy to snap ) pushed the dogs neck and head backwards whilst I lay on my belly with my arms between the gap in the pontoon and dragged the poor thing backwards literally by its fur on its rump!

Once it was free from its head being jammed, a guy on a neighboring boat dived four foot below the pontoon and emerged with the dog, weak and in shock!

So now we have this dog, it's wearing a collar, so I can only presume it is somebody's, it's eaten now and has had water, he needs a sleep but seems ok from his ordeal. Does anybody recognize him, and what's the best thing to do with him, is there a rescue sanctuary in FETHIYE or Calis? Or maybe another lost/ found website or Facebook page?

I have attached pictures of " Stranger " ( that's his name ) and his watery hole!!!

Offline Lotty

Re: Found ( very lucky ) dog, Ece marina area
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 09:45:47 AM »
What absolute heroes you and your husband are! That choked me up so much! So glad he's safe now (as I'm sure he is too). I hope he is claimed soon.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 14:16:23 PM »
If it is okay with you academylin, I will put your story and photos on the Fethiye expat facebook page to see if anyone knows who he belongs to.

In the meantime, take a very well deserved pat on the back both of you. Thank goodness you were around and were brave enough and cared enough to save him.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 14:41:59 PM »
I hope it was okay, because I have put a link to your story on there. I will of course let you know if anyone has any news.

Offline academylin

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 14:48:13 PM »
Yes Menthol, thankyou!
X

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 15:14:50 PM »
What a lovely story.  So glad you were able to help and the wee dog is now safe and sound.
Well done to you and hubby

Offline Georgie Girl

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 17:39:46 PM »
Hi can suggest you also put the picture on the Fethiye Animal Aid Facebook page as well as a lot if Turkish and expat animals owners look on there.  You"'ll see on there photos of a fireman rescuing another dog from the canal at Calis.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Offline grizabella

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 19:31:34 PM »
You could also post on the Hayvan Dostlari face book page.They are the Turkish group in Fethiye who care for the street animals.

Offline academylin

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 11:11:58 AM »
Sorry for not letting you know earlier, " Stranger " was happily claimed by his owner after seeing the dogs picture on Facebook! A good outcome for the little dog!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 11:14:59 AM »
Brilliant  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf