Author Topic: BroadBand in Calis  (Read 7807 times)

Offline janemicky

Re: BroadBand in Calis
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2019, 11:44:01 AM »
Thankyou for getting back to me so promptly.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 03:06:13 AM »
Iv recently had internet installed with Turk Telecom so far very happy, not sure of the speed he did say.
No cables just a modem and something was done in the leci box indoors, after signing up I received a text to tell me of my installation date which was x2 days after signing up, 88tl a month for unlimited and I have been given a number Incase I want to have a landline...
I do have residency so not sure if this makes a difference or not?
All in all very happy with everything...

Offline Wasp0

• It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 05:42:35 AM »
UPDATE FROM OP:

Decided to go SkyFibreNet route, and went and chatted with Ahmet in his office. He talked us through the cosots and services, and we decided to go 10Mbs service with Android TV box.

Had the guys come out to fit it yesterday, so still early days to give a Thumbs up or down on service, but so far so good. Am impressed with stability of line when compared to my old service from Finet.
Finet would have sunk in style at peak time 18:00 onwards to nothing more than a Dribble and total loss of signal, but last night after our early Meal at Babzen we decided to come back and try out the TV. Not a flinch, not a flicker of the spinning wheel of buffer!
This morning (Thur) am up and typing this and service still rock steady 10.6 down. Early days yet, but Promising.

My only down on the service, is i am not allowed into the router (Owning my own IT Company in England, i know my way around routers) as i like to setup firewalls and DMZ and different WiFi's for my Guest's, but apparently i am not given access to my own router. Popping back in to have a chat with Ahmet today to find out why!

Will update further on Service.

Offline madmart

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2019, 16:36:39 PM »
That's strange I can get into my router's settings. If is a run of the mill Netgear or TP Link try the usual default user names and passwords (by the way I've changed mine!)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 18:28:54 PM »
janemickey,  yes you can run a firestick out here providing internet is stable & speed above 5 most of the time, we pay 55TL month with finet & only pay when we use which is every month  ;D no need for a VPN & plenty of free apps for live TV, movies & basically anything you normally pay for  : :)

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 21:42:29 PM »
Sorry to ask a side shot question

Out of interest, with Sky Fibre net how long from does it take from order to having it installed I.e. is possible to do on a week or two holiday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline thekeyclan

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 08:47:35 AM »
I was at the skyfibrenet office last week and they told me that installation at present would be typically be 2/4 days after ordering. However, one problem you might encounter is the new ID fraud rules. Ahmet said they now require either your residency details or a foreigners ID number that is obtained from the GOC office behind the PTT.  To get this you will need a copy of your passport, passport size photo and either a copy  of your tapu or rental agreement. This I understand will be available c. a day after you take in the relevant documentation"

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 08:58:02 AM »
I was at the skyfibrenet office last week and they told me that installation at present would be typically be 2/4 days after ordering. However, one problem you might encounter is the new ID fraud rules. Ahmet said they now require either your residency details or a foreigners ID number that is obtained from the GOC office behind the PTT.  To get this you will need a copy of your passport, passport size photo and either a copy  of your tapu or rental agreement. This I understand will be available c. a day after you take in the relevant documentation"

Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bells

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 09:11:30 AM »
We had sky fibre net installed, but first we had to get the  foreigners ID number, exactly as the key clan says.  Once we took this number to Ahmet, it was installed the next day.

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 10:55:58 AM »
UPDATE FROM OP:

My only down on the service, is i am not allowed into the router (Owning my own IT Company in England, i know my way around routers) as i like to setup firewalls and DMZ and different WiFi's for my Guest's, but apparently i am not given access to my own router. Popping back in to have a chat with Ahmet today to find out why!

Will update further on Service.

@Wasp0: have you had a chance to find out about accessing your router? How's the service been?

I surmise from their website some/all of their service is microwave from their towers via a mini dish...is this the service you have?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf