Author Topic: green sea  (Read 19234 times)

Offline lissa

Re: green sea
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 16:55:26 PM »
The sea is still green, not normal if clean water. The map shows Calis beach as being kotu , bad for swimming. If you compare the readings for Calis, Koca  Calis and Kargi beach to other beaches, the results for Calis look terrible. Jarvis is marginally better but now t enough to get excited about. Possibly  is algae, but caused by stuff that certainly should not be in the sea. I went into the sea a couple of weeks ago, but left very quickly. Not only green but macerated paper floating around and god knows what else.  I have lived in Fethiye for a lot of years, and find this very sad for Calis and Fethiye. I certainly will not be going in that sea again!

Offline Steve A

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 18:32:25 PM »
Must be the translation or I’ve read it wrong.Has anyone reported this to the authorities as there’s nowt like dirty water to destroy a beach resort

Offline lissa

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 20:23:28 PM »
Steve, perhaps I have read it wrong. But if you click on each link, it seems quite clear. I checked on other beaches, in different areas. From what I can see, Calis seems to be the worst readings, though obviously I did not check the whole of Turkey, just checked against Oludeniz, Marmaris and the peninsula, Kalkan area.
The readings from Hillside are ok, though you could argue the current is taking it away from there..

Offline philrose

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 06:47:50 AM »
On the app if itthe symbol is blue it's clean, green ok, yellow(amber) not recommended, red avoid...

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 07:32:26 AM »
Algae! My ar*e...
http://www.yuzme.saglik.gov.tr/?fbclid=IwAR1lYdGRkk0wmbRzm2kGv9cG6ZEwhN75wLovBLN5CHrimgolqx8q3fKqq_A
So the blue smiley is High Quality and the green is Swimmable
Just avoid the red smiley (not seen one for Calis yet !!!)

Offline cenk

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 09:37:33 AM »
According to that website; If the values are more than below, the sea is not swimmable.
Total Coliform 10.000+       (Calis 560)
Fecal Coliform 2.000+        (Calis 160)
Fecal Streptecoc 1.000+     (Calis 44)

Offline Clioman2

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 12:31:49 PM »
when we were over in June for 3 weeks we noticed a faecal odour when crossing the bridge over the canal on a number of evenings; as has been said, not good for the tourist trade. They only need a couple of people who fall ill complaining to the press in Britain when they get home and bookings will fall and probably stay depressed for a while.
We're back in a few weeks, hope the situation improves.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 09:23:17 AM »
Strange that the green sea problem has only been happening in the last few years it seemed to start when the all inclusive resort opened futher down the cost. Coincidence?

I’m no expert but I think it would take a lot more than an AI hotel to cause that amount of discolouration.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 10:06:54 AM »
I thought I had read the chart correctly !
The smell in the canal has been there on and off for years.Its rotting vegetation due to the reed beds at the sides.
Years ago they cut the reeds down,no smell but people complained of the effect on wildlife ,you cannot win.
Unfortunately nature smells sometimes.

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2019, 10:20:14 AM »
Its all over social media at the moment, some are even saying that swimming may be banned it it gets worse. Its a shame hope it gets sorted.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf