Author Topic: Disruptive passenger faces £ 85,000 bill  (Read 3936 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Disruptive passenger faces £ 85,000 bill
« on: July 17, 2019, 20:01:53 PM »
This is the best news I heard today - let's hope it acts as a deterrent to others.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-49017838#

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Disruptive passenger faces £ 85,000 bill
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 20:19:04 PM »
I doubt it will deter others, and I bet we end up paying her benefits and housing etc.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 20:43:15 PM »
I would present a similar bill for mountain rescue to lunatics who go up Scottish mountains when the weather forecast is clearly bad.

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
Disruptive passenger faces £ 85,000 bill
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 21:07:21 PM »
I would present a similar bill for mountain rescue to lunatics who go up Scottish mountains when the weather forecast is clearly bad.
I agree, In fact I think insurance should be taken out to cover such cost of rescue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Steve A

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 21:21:47 PM »
Iam with John on this

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 22:15:21 PM »
I hope she has plenty of money as she was recently banned for 28 months on a drink-driving charge and ordered to pay £170 court costs as well as a £450 fine for three assault charges.  And apparently she doesn’t have mental health issues. I think she needs reassessed. Think she might find that she could be facing a jail sentence when she appears up for sentencing at the end of the month.  Let’s hope so .

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 22:45:47 PM »
It would be good to see solidarity between the airlines too - if you are banned from one you are banned from all. Just like the pub schemes. These people should not be allowed anywhere near a plane and people paying to travel should not have to be exposed to the behaviour and danger these people bring.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 10:13:44 AM »
We flew TC from Dalaman at the end of June.Two people so legless they were asleep on the floor at the entrance to the airport with people stepping over them.TC reps straight over with Polis and airport security.TC staff stayed with them ,giving coffee ,water etc.Result -not allowed on flight.
Next up was a loud drunken,angry male kicking his suitcase through the terminal,swearing,slagging off Turkey inc.Reg.This was good to observe,TC Rep straight over But was abused and threatened,airport security with a Polis in background tried to no avail and when the bloke said Reg was a w****r,the Polis acted quickly ,taking him away.His girlfriend who was acutely embarrassed got on the plane.
Don’t know what happened to the bloke but my wish is that he has experienced something like a Midnight Express.
These idiots are so disrespectful,airlines and authorities should be robust and btw it only ever seems to be drunken Brits.

Offline charlste

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 17:26:48 PM »
Dalaman to manchester with TC in june.
Two lads behind us somehow got put into extra leg room seats right next to one of the exit doors.
They were swearing then both went on the floor to sleep.
I said to the stewardess they had been swearing and i said i thought you had to be able bodied to sit next to an emergency door.
She replied "they are not doing any harm".

Offline saoirse

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 08:46:24 AM »
I am a very nervous flyer so when I sit in my seat I will not move at all until we have landed

On a recent flight after I had sat down a man came up to me and claimed it was his seat.  I told him I am not moving. He repeatedly insisted it was his seat and  he absolutely had to sit there. I outright refused to move. He argued non stop for about ten minutes and when I refused to budge he finally screamed " fair enough then, you fly the f@@@@@g plane!!!"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf