Author Topic: Turkish holidays  (Read 5135 times)

Offline charlste

Turkish holidays
« on: July 30, 2019, 11:45:39 AM »
With all the price increases on utilities,food,drink etc and the drop in the exchange rate i am wondering whether people will start to look elsewhere for holidays.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Turkish holidays
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 12:39:33 PM »
If you look at the pound compared to most currencies it's lower. Turkey is still great value compared to the EU, the USA and many other countries.

I think the main reason people look elsewhere is the fact that flights are far to costly at times.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 12:43:55 PM »
I think the main reason people look elsewhere is the fact that flights are far to costly at times.

Could not agree more.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 14:09:12 PM »
I cannot believe the absolute rip off prices that are going around for flights, more expensive now than school summer holidays, does the turkish Tourism realise its the airlines that are stopping people going to Turkey   

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 14:20:16 PM »
We found it excellent value still in October last year when the rate was 7.50 and there had been quite a lot of price increases. Today at 6.76 with assumed more increases, I would still expect it to be relatively cheap.

I have never been able to explain how flight costs are determined to Dalaman. Even today, a quick checks shows Liverpool - Cyprus £210, Liverpool - Dalaman £350, same week. And Cyprus is significantly further...

Offline IanK

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 17:26:29 PM »
I have never been able to explain how flight costs are determined to Dalaman. Even today, a quick checks shows Liverpool - Cyprus £210, Liverpool - Dalaman £350, same week. And Cyprus is significantly further...

I'd hazard a guess it could well be at least partly Dalaman's landing & handling costs. We all know what a bargain their shops and restaurants are so maybe they also charge top rates to the airlines for the privilege of bringing in holiday makers.

Ian

Offline Fran

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 18:07:30 PM »
We booked a one way flight going out with easyJet in October, hoping that the return flights would come down. They haven’t so we have booked to fly to Istanbul spend two nights in a hotel and then fly home, and it’s cost us less, than 2 one way flights back to Liverpool or Manchester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 18:26:16 PM »

I'd hazard a guess it could well be at least partly Dalaman's landing & handling costs. We all know what a bargain their shops and restaurants are so maybe they also charge top rates to the airlines for the privilege of bringing in holiday makers.

Ian

Most likely reason Ian, but not so long ago they were paying the airlines for bringing tourists in, and the prices certainly didn't decrease.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 20:22:57 PM »
We booked a one way flight going out with easyJet in October, hoping that the return flights would come down. They haven’t so we have booked to fly to Istanbul spend two nights in a hotel and then fly home, and it’s cost us less, than 2 one way flights back to Liverpool or Manchester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at flights to Istanbul in October. The very cheapest from Liverpool were via Dalaman !

Offline blueclad

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 08:52:47 AM »
looking at flight costs for  for JUNE next 15 nights on day flights I note that T C have put prices very high indeed .

T C  Gatwick with hold bags & seats together  15 nights £ 765 for 2 persons, day flights , june  flight only.

B A  Gatwick with hold bags & seats together  15 nights  £564 for 2 persons  day flights , june flight only.
 BA £ 205 Cheaper.

TUI  Bournemouth our local,  hold bags seats together 14 nights £ 790 for 2 persons 1 day flight out night back :-[ flight only .

ROLL ON   early September when Easy Jet release next years flights and October when Pegasus release Gatwick and Manchester flights  who were very cheap for June THIS YEAR.

Good thing our hotel  we like so much have quoted  £ 4  per person per night  lower prices for next june   :P 8) than this year

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf