Author Topic: Easyjet Booked  (Read 4716 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Easyjet Booked
« on: November 07, 2019, 06:03:54 AM »
Confirmation arrived 5:46

50% higher than last year but also half the price for same same dates with Jet2. Relatively happy.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Easyjet Booked
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 06:12:44 AM »
Me too. Booked Faro from Liverpool. This year £262. Next year £332 for the two of us.

Not too bad and quite a bit better compared to others up north but BA from Gatwick £219 (less £10 for my Avios points). I suppose we at least don't have London life to pay for    ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 06:27:27 AM by stoop »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 09:34:51 AM »
One observation, the price rose as you would expect soon after release but stalled - it hasn’t moved in 2 hours. Usually it soars regularly through day 1.

Sales must be significantly slower this time and programmed price rises not being triggered?

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 09:35:27 AM »
Manchester flights came live about 5.55. Proved myself correct and had to pay over £500 that I was expecting. Almost double what I payed for May/June but can accept it. Seems fair enough since paying less means going non direct and long journeys and waiting about in airports. Same flights are now £300 dearer.

Offline DavidNicholson

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 09:59:53 AM »
Thank you Scunner for posting so early.
I was looking for flights from about 5:45am but they only went as far as August.  I kept refreshing the page (Both F5 and Ctrl+F5) but still nothing beyond August.
About 6:10am I logged on to Calis Beach and saw your post.  I had been using Firefox as a browser but then opened Internet Explorer and that up came the October dates.
We live in Bedford so usually fly from Luton, but can easily fly from Stansted, East Midlands, or Birmingham.  The flights for our dates from Luton were £520, so I checked from Stansted and they were £370, so booked from Stansted.
It was Scunner's early post that prompted me to dig deeper, having failed to get the dates to come up, so thanks again.
The lessons I have learned from this are:
1)  Calis Beach Forum is brilliant (But I knew that anyway)
2)  Always have a second browser available
3)  Check several airports if you are lucky enough to have a choice

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 10:17:02 AM »
4. Also have the EasyJet app open and keep rechecking. I think it was listing before the website.

Glad you got sorted David, and thanks for your kind words regarding CBF.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 11:54:29 AM »
The app always seems to be released first. I was also trying on chrome but they didn’t come up until well after 6am.

Our price has gone up but not drastically.

Offline steveb1

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 13:14:38 PM »
one thing I did notice easyJet  London to Dalaman mid August to 1st week October was twice the price as flying to Rhodes . so think I might go this root and use the ferry

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 13:29:00 PM »
Eventually managed to complete the booking for my flights from Manchester for 15 nights next October for 3 people.  Cost for flights, seat selection and baggage (23kg + cabin bag) = £378 each.  I think that is still pricey but it beats the earlier web site prices of £400 - £500.  Incidentally there was a price increase before I had completed the booking!  Was it worth getting up at 5.00am?  I suppose it was, considering the saving, but I was a bit disappointed as I had rather naively expected a larger discount.  Perhaps I'm an old greedy skinflint (before anyone else posts a similar comment...HA HA!)   ;D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 13:41:31 PM »
It’s definitely worth getting up early but my 04:45 was a bit too early today. Got up, made a cuppa, booted up and kept refreshing until the app showed the dates. The IPad app was first again.

Disappointed with the price increase - especially when BA from Gatwick to Faro is about £70 each cheaper :(

However we a paid about the same as 2018 so maybe this last year was a really good price.

Incidentally - the flights we booked for May next year were really good. Excellent times and only £418 fir the two of us with 23k luggage and seats. Of course we booked before TC went under.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf