Author Topic: Beaches  (Read 7906 times)

Offline marina

Beaches
« on: August 01, 2018, 20:03:19 PM »
Just reading on FB that the government has taken back ownership of the beaches at Olu Deniz, closed and pulled down 3 bars and removed all sunbeds.  A lot of people out of jobs tonight by the sound of it  :( >:(   Will be run  by the government tomorrow.
Anyone there now with any more information?  Sounds a bit drastic  :o

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Beaches
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 21:37:59 PM »
Just read it myself.
I can't believe the government has did this during peak tourism season

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 22:09:21 PM »
Which bars? Just what they need.. Is this the beginning of the end?

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 22:19:22 PM »
Don't know Olu Deniz that well but Tiki (?) bar was one of them
A few variations whats actually happening but seems to be a lot of anger over it. Slap bang in the middle of the tourist season! You couldn't make it up    :(

Offline scorcher

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 23:11:48 PM »
Hoping that this new ruling will not scupper Dogan, Nichola and friends new venture.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 06:54:52 AM »
aw thanks Scorcher - BIG hug coming your way.

No it doesn't affect us and it's really sad that this has happened slap bang in the middle of the season.

Lot of people now out of work but maybe the council will re employ them. And of course those that invested will have seen their investment trashed  :-\

And of course it's not the first time this has happened.

Not sure who took who to court this time

This is the link to the only post I've seen so far

https://www.facebook.com/kanalfrttv/posts/2069865056378916

It doesn't say that much

Mahkeme kararına istisnaden Ölüdeniz Belcekız Plajı işletmesinin tahliyesi başladı. Turizmciler ise gereken neyse bir an önce yapılmalı, bu plaj boş olması turizme zarar verir dediler.

And this is the offered translation

The Evacuation of oludeniz oludeniz belcekiz beach has begun in the court decision. The Andaquaculture should be done as soon as they can, they said that this beach is empty, it would hurt the tourism.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 07:13:53 AM »
This is an update from someone on one of the news sites that appears to know what's happened.

"Ok. This is the situation. The government 1.5  years ago leased the beach including bars sunbed etc out to 2 brothers. They had a contract for 5 years. At that time the tourist trade was very slow. The managers at the bars have worked so hard to build up trade and customers.

The government have seen that they are now making good business and want to cash in on it. They went to court and won. The brothers did not want the government to have the assets of the beach bars and the sun beds...They belong to the brothers..so all is being dismantled.

It is heart breaking for all concerned. These managers and staff have worked so hard and now they are unemployed . About 70 in all I believe. What about their families and rent they have to pay? The least the government could do would be to wait until the end of the season!!! So angry and upset!!!"

Here's a photo of some of the staff that have lost their jobs overnight.

Just a note that I think it might be the councils, Fethiye vs Muğla rather than the government, that information doesn't seem clear yet. It went to court and this is how the court decided. That said, from what else I have read the court case was in Ankara so maybe it was the government!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 07:35:04 AM »
Wonderful how the rumour mill works. I heard that a group of Irish travellers had arrived and thrown the Tiki staff off the beach and then set about tarmacing it. There were burly ladies strolling through the crowds offering 'lucky heather', yellow dusters and wooden clothes pegs and the rose sellers had taken to the hills.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 08:32:56 AM »
Just been on the Tonaz beach hotel webcam and it shows lorries filling up with sunbeds from the beach and driving off. Other webcams show the beach is empty of sunbeds. CRAZY.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 14:15:28 PM »
This is on FB..

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X703F using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf