Author Topic: 3C's Charity Shop Grand Opening  (Read 5309 times)

Offline Pi55y

3C's Charity Shop Grand Opening
« on: September 02, 2011, 18:38:13 PM »
What an absolutely fantastic day!!!!!!  It was just like a "Next" Sale with people queuing up for the shop to open. From the moment Dilek Dincer, Director of FETAV, assisted by the Chairman of the Calis Association, Mete Ay, cut the red ribbon to declare the shop open, it was all systems go. At one point there must have been 50-60 people inside the shop with armfuls of goods and we had to wait for some customers to leave before we could let others in!!!

Including the money raised from the raffle we made an amazing 1,790TL in 3 hours and all from donated goods - thank you all so much.

For those who didn't know where our shop at the Eyna Restaurant was, it was easy to find as two big inflatable clowns pointed the way  and the outside of the restaurant was decorated with a colourful balloon arch, all sponsored by 3C's supporters Pera Organisation and Mehmet "Fish". Our biggest thanks goes to Nalan and Erhan of th Eyna restaurant who are providing us with the shop premises free of charge. All we had to do was give it a "Changing Rooms" style makeover which was achieved with the help of Bayram the electrician/plumber, Raffet the painter and a brilliant carpenter (whose name we don't know - but we will find out to thank him)

We now have to restock ready for Monday's sale so if anyone has any unwanted goods, books, clothes, bric a brac etc that they would like to donate to raise money for our children's charity we would love to receive these. Donations can be dropped off at the Eyna at any time even when the shop is closed.  We can also arrange to pick up goods if required.

The raffle winners are:

1st prize - 7" Digital Photo Frame - ticket 72 - Jimmy FC
2nd prize - English goodie box - ticket 144 Tracey and Mark
3rd prize - 1 ltr bottle Altintepe wine - ticket 125 Pam and Dave

The prizes can be claimed from the shop on Monday between 11.00 and 2.00. Please bring your winning tickets.

Photos of the opening will be posted later this evening  
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 18:40:33 PM by Pi55y »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 18:47:55 PM »
You forgot to mention the great coffee  ;)

Sounds like chaos, well done all who attended and all who made the shop a reality - 1790TL in 3 hours is brill!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 18:48:50 PM »
Congratulations to all of you well done! sorry we couldn't make the opening day, all out on a Boat trip, best wishes for the future :) ;)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 19:02:50 PM »
very well done, see you soon. Looking forward to my shift in the shop,sounds like I could be busy!

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 19:54:27 PM »
Put it this way Linda, make sure you have very comfy shoes on for your shift!!

Yes Keith, the coffee is brill, pity mine was cold by the time I got to drink it  :o
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 19:56:56 PM by Liz 101 »

Offline Beep

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 19:55:25 PM »
An incredible day all round. :D:D:D

A huge thank you to everyone involved and to all who attended to make the opening a fantastic event ........

oh, and the coffee ?? - well the best in Calis  ;)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 19:57:03 PM »
Great news Well done.

Don't feel so guilty now about being otherwise engaged  :)

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 20:33:25 PM »
Photos of the shop at 9.00 am this morning - all stocked and ready to go

Some of the amazing die-cast cars that we have been donated.  For the keen collectors we do have some Franklin Mint, Auto Art, Burago and Maitso models not yet displayed

Just a few of the porcelain dolls on sale

The wobbly men arrive!!!!

The balloons go up!!

The committee and friends group for the press and TV

Dilek Dincer, Director of FETAV, Fethiye Belediye, cuts the ribbon and opens the shop

Customers queue up to get into the shop

Time to say goodbye until Monday's sale

Goodbye from Erhan and Ella of Eyna Restaurant

Goodbye from the wobbly men!

See you Monday  :D

Offline jacx

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 21:24:14 PM »
All i can say is WOW it all looked fantastic and I am glad that all your efforts and hard work payed off, well done to all  and wish I could have been there. Also thanks for posting all those brilliant pics.I hope you have loads more stuff donated so that it can continue in the same vain and bring in lots of funds for the childrens charity. Well done.:D

Offline busybee

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 21:26:02 PM »
The gain was definately worth the pain.  Well done all our team, Erhan, Neylan, staff and workmen who made it possible. The support all our customers gave us was fantastic and it was a really exciting day.  We are going to be able to help so many more kids.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf