Author Topic: "Bubble Sea Park"  (Read 3368 times)

Offline chloesaino

• Newly Registered
"Bubble Sea Park"
« on: May 17, 2015, 16:47:11 PM »
Hi all!

Just wondered if anyone knew about the "bubble sea park" near Fethiye? Ive heard its quite new and was only set up last year! By the pictures it looks a lot of fun!

Just wondered if anyone has been here? If so what is it like and are the prices reasonable? Looking to go to it in the summer with family!

Thankyou!!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: "Bubble Sea Park"
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 17:01:52 PM »
It is at Aksazlar beach round by the boat yard.. Apparantly the photos are misleading but most people seem to have a good time...

Offline chloesaino

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 17:18:28 PM »
Ok thankyou!

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 17:21:20 PM »
Yes I went here last summer, made the mistake of going on it with my two daughters (I'm 50 going on 15!) and am now the proud owner of two completely nackered knees with grade one ligament damage to both!! I've been seeing a consultant and physiotherapist since January, and the only relief for me is 500mg of naproxen twice a day and (in process of sorting) cortisone injections!! This is great fun for kids, but please be aware, it can cause some serious injuries, (I was running across one of the inflatables when my feet slipped, and I went down on the inside of both of my knees Into a position not possible unless you are a double jointed gymnast.  My friends son had severe friction burns from trying to clamber back up after he had fallen off into the sea and as long as you don't mind being covered in bruises for the rest of your holiday then go for it!! I'm sure it's a great experience for those lucky enough not to sustain any injuries!! Hope this helps, lol. 

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 17:23:11 PM »
Ps we went late in afternoon and paid around 15lira each for an hour....although I think it's normally more expensive than that. Have a barter with them. You certainly couldn't do more than an hour in one go, it's exhausting!!

Offline chloesaino

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 18:36:42 PM »
Oh dear poor you!!! Okay thanks for your help!  :)

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 18:47:16 PM »
I would not get in the water there. There is a lot of dirt / debris and I have seen raw sewerage in the water.

Offline flightyrachel

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 19:34:55 PM »
Hi Chloe, is it you that's planning to stay at Seaside Residence? If so, you sound just like me last year! We stayed there and visited Bubble Sea Park too! I did a review of it on here somewhere, I'm not clever enough to link to it though, sorry! I'm sure you'll find it via the search! We really liked it! I do agree though that those photos are not of the actual site, the water there is super salty so your grazes really smart, and it is quite knackering! Might depend on the age of your party, as to whether or not it's worth the trip!

(I thought the water cleanliness seemed the same as everywhere else around Calis, for what it's worth. I didn't end up going through the motions! :D   ;) )

Offline Menthol

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 19:50:19 PM »
Yes I went here last summer, made the mistake of going on it with my two daughters (I'm 50 going on 15!) and am now the proud owner of two completely nackered knees with grade one ligament damage to both!! I've been seeing a consultant and physiotherapist since January, and the only relief for me is 500mg of naproxen twice a day and (in process of sorting) cortisone injections!! This is great fun for kids, but please be aware, it can cause some serious injuries, (I was running across one of the inflatables when my feet slipped, and I went down on the inside of both of my knees Into a position not possible unless you are a double jointed gymnast.  My friends son had severe friction burns from trying to clamber back up after he had fallen off into the sea and as long as you don't mind being covered in bruises for the rest of your holiday then go for it!! I'm sure it's a great experience for those lucky enough not to sustain any injuries!! Hope this helps, lol.

So sorry to hear of your horrendous injuries, suemac - sounds dreadful.

My daughter, youngest son and two friends went on it last year - all in their 20s and all reasonably fit (2 of them are climbers). All were covered in scratches and friction burns. Lots of slipping - the plastic inflatable surface becomes coated in everyone's suncream. No serious injuries though and they did enjoy it.

My daughter's advice however is, 'Don't even think about it unless you are very fit with good upper body strength'.

Offline chloesaino

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 21:51:46 PM »
Hi Rachel yes we are staying at Seaside Residence! Glad to hear you had a good time there! Really looking forward to it! Counting down the days!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf