Author Topic: Best time to visit Calis?  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Georgie Girl

• Newly Registered
Best time to visit Calis?
« on: December 30, 2016, 16:10:59 PM »
Hi we usually go to Calis late September but swapped to middle of June this year but it was too hot for us - mid to high 30s. We want to go early again next year so wanted advice on the best time to go when the weather is warm enough to sit out and walk around in the evening without a warm top but be cool enough to do more walking. Preferably with little chance of rain. We are thinking first week in June after the kids have got back to school. I know you can't rely on the weather but would appreciate some advice from anyone who goes regularly in early summer - thanks

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
Re: Best time to visit Calis?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 16:33:51 PM »
June 2016 was an exceptionally hot June.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 16:36:10 PM »
We always go for around 4 to 5 weeks from mid May until around 15th June.   May/early June  is lovely, long light nights, everything is fresh and new and the weather is not too hot.  This is our favourtie time and we have been coming out in May/June for around 10 years now.
We then come back in September for another 4 to 5 weeks until October.   This year through a set of circumstances we came late in September and stayed until late October, we were so lucky as the weather was lovely and warm, no rain.  However, the one disadvantage for us was the short days of daylight. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 19:27:17 PM »
We can only go in July next year but usually May and the first half of October are our choices - lovely sun, nice heat and it cools down in the evening/overnight.

Offline philrose

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 09:06:02 AM »
May would be your best bet. Similar temperatures to September the only disadvantage is the risk of an occasional shower and the sea being much colder....

Offline YILDIRIM

• Hakan YILMAZ
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 18:07:49 PM »
All time all seasons best place everywhere... when you next to your real friends or lover .... free philosopher  :)

Offline WendyA

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 18:38:33 PM »
This year will be my 6th of coming mid May for about 5 weeks. The only thing is that in May the pool hasn't had a chance to warm up (or the sea) and can be a bit cool depending on the weather. Otherwise it's a lovely time to come. The advantage of later in September is that the temperatures are similar and water has warmed up. By October we find the cooler nights have made the pool unusable again.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 00:20:27 AM »
Usually do May & September as they are hot enough for us both. Been late April too and that was great as well. Couldn't do the height of the summer, July/August as the heat would reduce me to a heap! :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf