Author Topic: Fame  (Read 6339 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Fame
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2017, 08:49:36 AM »
Ah our Calis Rod is just brilliant Iv been twice now and its such a fab night great atmosphere and all for the children's charity amazing man and his lovely wife..

Offline marina

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2017, 09:44:53 AM »
I'd love to be in Calis to see 'Rod'. It always looks and sounds like a brilliant night, as well as raising money for the children. We always seem to miss him  :(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 11:10:35 AM »
We remember seeing him on a cruise about 14 year ago.   When we first saw him having a drink in a bar on the ship I remarked to Phil that the guy looked like Rod Stewart.  Later we saw him singing.
When we went to Lee's Bar in Calis  to see him, we thought it was the same guy and we asked him about the cruise and he told us he had done many, many cruises.
We alway say that there are not many tribute acts that actually look like the person and really sound like them too. He is great and lovely he works for free to help the 3C's.

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2017, 12:39:39 PM »
I went on trip to butterfly valley some years ago and got talking to a guy at the bar and his wife who was a little seasick on the way back, it was on the small boat the guys at butterfly valley used to take people over along with their supplies and it was a little choppy. He was really taken with butterfly valley and was pleased he did the trip and wished he has found it sooner as there was a full moon party the night before and would have liked to have seen it.

When the boat landed and we got off helping his wife who was glad the boat had found the shore. he was mobbed by lots of youngsters,  and then some came up to me and asked could you get me your friends autograph , I said I don't really know him and had just met him on the boat and asked "who Is he?"  and was told he was a DJ called Carl Cox. The name still didn't mean much to me as Dance music is a million miles from my musical tastes, good job we didn't talk about music I don't think we would have had much in common. I Looked him up online and he is quite famous.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2017, 12:50:44 PM »
We saw this guy at our local Indian restaurant on Boxing night. Good lookalike tribute act   ;) goes by the name of Patelvis he was very good.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2017, 14:42:47 PM »

He looks belly good.    :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2017, 17:40:35 PM »

Offline sadler