Author Topic: Online banking in turkey  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Derek3759

• Newly Registered
Online banking in turkey
« on: January 15, 2017, 11:22:39 AM »
Hi my partner has opened an account with finansbank with internet banking and she has been trying to phone them but when she puts the information required to be able to speak in English to an advisor the message incorrect information is repeated. Has anyone else had this happen to them? How do you overcome it?
Thanks derek

Offline Bevsie56

• Newly Registered
Re: Online banking in turkey
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 07:29:06 AM »
Yes this happened several times, reported it to the branch in Fethiye who said they would contact head office and tell them, tried again still no joy with the  english,  got a turkish friend to speak to them when i phoned said they would sort it.  2 months down the line nothing had changed,  if they cant be bothered to cater for their english speaking customers with what should be a reletively easy task to put right,   i thought i would change, now with another bank  TEB who are very helpful if i have the need to phone.

Offline Derek3759

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 07:52:15 AM »
Thanks bev might just have to change bank as you say as getting nowhere

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 09:44:25 AM »
Every time I have set my online banking with Finas something goes wrong and it locks up.
I then go into Finas sit and spend ages with one of the English speaking woman getting through on the phone to reset it all and the same thing happens when i log on, iv now just left it locked as I find it sooooo frustrating! Good luck in getting sorted Derek   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 09:47:19 AM »
We had the same problem with the ING Bank.    We changed to the Seker Bank.  The third Bank we have been with in Turkey.  They email us updates of our account with them all the time.   

Offline col

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 23:19:00 PM »
Agree that Finans online service locks after viewing one transaction or whatever,
have to log out and back in 3/4 times to get anything done.
Much the same with calls to them, no answer, and as for sending an e mail and expecting a reply,
don't even bother to go there, a total waste of time.
This has not been the service I have had from them for over 13 years, normally all aspects
of their services have been second to none from my experience, either here in the UK, when
I lived in Fethiye for the best part of 6 years and the last 4 years or so back and forth to Didim.
Thankfully, always had excellent customer service from the main Fethiye branch and now the
same from the Didim branch when I need to visit in person.
Even now, any problems I do encounter, a quick e mail to the Didim branch, print, sign, scan
& attach any forms etc and everything done and dusted to my satisfaction within minutes,
something I cannot sort so easy with my uk bank.
If it wasn't for the staff at Finans Didim branch who, more often than not, will see me ahead of
local customers in their queue, even with a numbered ticket,  I would also change my Turkish bank.
As for ING, when in Fethiye I opened accounts solely for the purpose of a sale, then closed it
soon after, b----y useless, and even now, still get e mails from them despite not having an account
since 2012 and unsubscribing from them.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 09:21:53 AM »
Don't know why anyone would use ING.  We got so fed up with them.  We could never use the online banking system.  When we went in to the Branch in Fethiye we always knew we were in for a long wait.  Even when we got to the counter some Turkish man would come and stand next to us and talk over us to the assistant.  On one occasion when this happened the assistant actually asked us to leave so she could help the Turkish customer.
In October a friend went in to close their account at ING. They had to wait two hours just to get to the counter.
So glad we closed the account and moved to Seker.  Totally different in that Bank, no long waits and staff are very helpful and polite, the internet banking is very good. 

Offline Lynne09

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 06:16:36 AM »
Cannot beat Garanti bank tried online banking at a few banks but find this bank best by far and Alper speaks very good English and very helpful!!!

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 07:02:45 AM »
Spot on Lynne09

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 08:38:11 AM »
Cannot beat Garanti bank tried online banking at a few banks but find this bank best by far and Alper speaks very good English and very helpful!!!

When we arrived in Calis, we were recommended to join a Bank because Alper was there and he was wonderful, helpful and spoke perfect English.  He also used to post here on CBF.   We joined and everyone was right, he was perfect we had no complaints and relied on him to help us and he always did.  .  After a while we got an email from him telling us he was moving to another Bank and asking us to join this Bank.  So, we closed our account and once again joined him.  This did cause us a lot of hassle, but, we decided it was worth it to still get the help and service of Alper.  All went well until one day we received another email from Alper telling us he was again moving to another Bank and inviting us once again to come to the new Bank.  This time we declined.  We did not want to keep changing Banks.   However, after a frustrating time with ING Bank, after they moved to their new premises.  We decided to move to the Seker Bank after recommendations from friends. 
We are more that happy with the Seker Bank and two lovely young girls in there are so helpful and both speak perfect English.  They also helped us get started with online banking, again there has been no problems and the online banking has been a great help to us.
We found that following one person around through his career from Bank to Bank was not for us.    ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf