Author Topic: Family's first visit to Turkey  (Read 3254 times)

Offline grizabella

Family's first visit to Turkey
« on: April 07, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »
My family have just gone back home after spending their first ever holiday in Turkey.My sister and her friend stayed with me and my niece and her friend stayed at Bostans.We ate at several places and visited Fethiye,Olu Deniz,and surrounbding areas.They had a great time and wanted me to especially mention the staff at Bostans,especially Erturul the barman/head waiter who couldnt do enouigh for them.The food at Bostans was of the usual high standard and Carol and Recep's hospitality second to none.The girls loved their accomodation,once they sorted out a hiccup with the hot water!Our night at the Eyna where Tom Moss was singing was great fun with the girls joinging in the 'kick Line' at the end of the evening.I also want to thank Veli out taxi driver who got us all home safely after one too many 'swallows'!!!!!!THe family have all assured me they will be back.There were even tears when they were leaving!

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 14:12:00 PM »
So there is now a "Kick-Line" in order to give Mr. Moss a boot up the proverbial, I may have to reserve a place in THAT particular line  ;): :)

Offline grizabella

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 15:57:07 PM »
Originally posted by GordonA

So there is now a "Kick-Line" in order to give Mr. Moss a boot up the proverbial, I may have to reserve a place in THAT particular line  ;): :)
/quote]
You just had to make a derogatory comment about Tom didnt you?Think you have a slight problem there.Forget it and move on.You are getting very boring.

Offline GordonA

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 16:58:02 PM »
I am as entitled to my opinion on this as much as anyone. Boring, me? That now makes it painfully obvious that you have never met me,& had the fantastic experience of enjoying my caustic wit and repartee. In my one experience of Tom Moss, he struck me & all of my company on the particular occasion, as the most obnoxious, arrogant, 3rd rate artistes I had ever come across in my whole life. 1st impressions are always lasting impressions as far as I am concerned, he is, & always will be, an a**h*le!!
End of rant.

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 18:12:50 PM »
 :oAnd he always speaks so highly of you Gordon. :P

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 18:30:01 PM »
Back on topic guys or this will be locked. The topic for those who have lost it is grizabella's family visiting Turkey for the first time. I used to love that, meeting friends and family at Dalaman to take them to their first Turkey holiday experience - nearly all of them clear in what to expect, men with bushy beards, sand everywhere, chick peas for two weeks, being hassled to death at every turn  ;)

Offline GordonA

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 19:15:44 PM »
Yes, I must agree, a lovely, culturally different place to visit, or indeed, to retire to. The "Cradle of Civilization" indeed. We loved our almost 6 years of life there. :D 8)

Offline grizabella

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 07:51:29 AM »
As you so rightly put Scunner,the topic was my family's first visit to Turkey.None of them had been to Turkey before and it was my first experience of meeting family at Dalaman.Holidaymakers alighting in their shorts and t shirts and me standing there in jeans,boots and 4 layers of clothing!!!!!!They had a wonderful,although too short a time and all said they would return,next time for longer.As for you Gordon,no I havent met you but my topic was not  meant for you to have yet another excuse to have a rant a a certain person.

Offline GordonA

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 13:39:34 PM »
Apologies offered if I have upset your family. ;)

Offline magsyoung11

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 09:40:36 AM »
What can I add that my Sister has not already said? Well, our first visit to Turkey(Calis Beach) was fantastic..the welcome we got from everyone was lovely and we cannot fault Carol and Recep at Bostans.The way they looked after my daughter and friend was above and beyond the call of duty, and Ertugrul the head waiter/barman was always on hand to tent to our every need....a treasure indeed...I have already posted a comment on the meals we had at Bostans  {that were wonderful}and as for Veli our taxi driver for the week,,he suffered us without ever losing his wonderful smile!! A BIG thank you for making our visit so memorable..WE WILL BE BACK!!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf