Author Topic: Sundial  (Read 2913 times)

Offline mary anne

Sundial
« on: May 26, 2015, 22:20:22 PM »
Oh dear.... Come back Murat!!
Food OK , if a bit pricey.
Service very poor.
No music, atmosphere well......
Luckily there were seven of us so made our own entertainment, but nothing like the old place as we knew it.
So disappointed , I feel the new tenants have missed a trick in not retaining the original charm of the place.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Sundial
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 05:23:17 AM »
Never found any charm or atmosphere in the old place and as for the owner, I think he perhaps said two words to us in 3 visits.   So, if the new regime is not as good as the old one, there is definitely no way I would return.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 08:21:26 AM »
 ;D

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 14:13:03 PM »
 Having used the Sundial from it opening we were aprihensive to take new visitors to eat after reading this thread.

In our view the Sundial has always been aimed at the English speaking clients. The main attraction is the undoubted good view of Fethiye and its sunset.... The food has always been of a good standard and again biased towards the British clientele... Thanks staff a have always been attentive and as for Murat, well he was Ok, didn't make the view any better or the food more tasty...  But we found him reserved in his manner but always helpful Apparently new owners since May!!

Our own experience for five persons 15.06.2015......  Free pickup, on time and very comfortable, same
for return transfer! Table waiting we were told it was ours for the evening. Informed the menu had been Changed and that all pdishes oare cooked fresh and some take longer to prepare.

The same attentive and pleasing waiter served the table all night! The menu has taken a step to the British style butenought Turkish to satisfy most. The drinks were served well, food other taken . So down to chat relax and yes! listen to some sunset music, not the usual over dramatic pieces of old, in our view , new and better.

Starters were you quite quickly served And pleasing to us all, even served with hot plates where required..Main courses
Arrived and all was good too. Meats fish salads a variety and all were just great .... Prices are very acceptable for foods wine is at prices for most. OK and yes I A large beer 10TL
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 14:23:20 PM by ovacik2 »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 16:15:33 PM »
Formally aimed at the English speaking clients?  Maybe, but no one spoke to us anyway, we could have been from the Moon.
The one thing that always annoys me is, it was our Wedding Anniversary we stayed the night.   I found out after we came back that my Daughter rang and spoke to Murat. She told him as it was our wedidng anniversary, she wanted to pay for a surprise bottle of Champagne, Flowers and a Cake.  Murat refused, told my daughter he would not take a credit card payment over the phone.  So, no way he did not know it was our Anniversary, he never spoke to us and never acknowledged the fact. 
However at the Istanbul last week,  I mentioned to the lady there it was our anniversary, just in passing.  Engin arranged for the singer to sing a song especially for us and also offered us both a drink of anything we wanted. What a difference. 

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 16:56:15 PM »
Maybe, but no one spoke to us anyway, we could have been from the Moon.

Perhaps they felt too humble Your Maj ?  ;)

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 17:13:31 PM »
I found Murat quite pleasant when we ate at the Sundial ,he would bring out his telescope and show me the star constellations. He would share his passion for astronomy and I enjoyed the stargazing  from such a beautiful location. Hope he is doing well.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 17:23:57 PM by Fabian »

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 19:34:30 PM »
Sundial 15.06.2015.....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf