Author Topic: Dawn Beach overcharging?  (Read 8176 times)

Offline WendyA

Dawn Beach overcharging?
« on: June 06, 2016, 19:27:16 PM »
On my own in Calis this week and was going to watch the tennis final yesterday but, wouldn't you believe it, my dish cabling played up so I thought I'd watch it in a bar/restaurant and Dawn Beach was showing it. I went and ordered 3 drinks and then a moussaka without paying any real attention to the pricing. However, when the bill came with the charge for the moussaka,  it said 25TL and it made me remember I'd registered it had been listed as 24.  They apologised after I'd checked it on the menu. However, on the way home I also remembered seeing the mojito price on the wall at 17, but they'd charged 18! The small bottle of sparkling water, sometimes only 1TL, was 3 - was it a deliberate policy to inflate everything? For the sake of overcharging by 50p or so they got no tip, which would have been much more - and I shan't be going back in a hurry. They may be short of customers but if they pursue this practice they'll have even less!!

Offline davybill

Re: Dawn Beach overcharging?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 05:56:59 AM »
Twelve of us went last week,no complaints,

Offline barry44544

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 11:56:34 AM »
I am amazed at Wendy's post.
Having lived here for 15 years I've seen many bars and restaurants come and go.
I have know Echo since he arrived as a fresh face boy and worked at meeting point.
I have eaten and drank at Dawn beach for many years and never had a problem...
Can you please let me know what restaurant sells sparking water for 1 lr I'll go and buy a case.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 13:09:13 PM »
So do you still live here Barry? as I see your location Is the UK.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 13:29:32 PM »
Barry like you, Wendy was only giving here view on her experiences at the Dawn Beach, but it sounded about right as to some of the strokes that some bars/waiters/owners try on when the bar or resort are not busy, or not busy enough for them, particularly with a woman on her own.

Offline barry44544

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 13:59:07 PM »
Never heard of a vpn des?
Everyone is entitled to there opinion U B...
I don't agree with Taring anyone with such a broad brush stroke.
As I've said before... Vote with your pocket.
But please... 1tl for fizzy water in a bar!!

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 14:28:46 PM »
May be a genuine mistake !! this bar always  bends  over backwards for its customers in my opinion
 I have even settled my bill days later in the past and they have allowed my kids to take kebabs in there while we eat !!

Offline madmart

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 17:46:55 PM »
May be a genuine mistake !! this bar always  bends  over backwards for its customers in my opinion
 I have even settled my bill days later in the past and they have allowed my kids to take kebabs in there while we eat !!
Couldn't agree more. We have frequented the Dawn Beach for years and never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Offline WendyA

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 19:00:13 PM »
If you noticed I did put a question mark after it but I do still feel they were trying it on. One item I can understand, but 2?! I wasn't particularly mentioning the water, but last year it was 1TL at Cafe Pazar and 2 at Adress. I'm afraid I rarely buy it on its own and, as I said, don't always take note of costs. Perhaps this was what they were relying on? I do not want to tarnish them unfairly, as you say, but, come on, if they did it with at least 2 items, I don't think it was an error. I thought that people on this forum would benefit from a warning, I hardly think it's fair to condone me for posting it!  This year looks like a few places are trying different strategies with low visitor numbers.

Offline madmart

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 19:08:09 PM »
Surely you meant condemn rather than condone?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf