Author Topic: Is Wayne innocent ?  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Is Wayne innocent ?
« on: October 21, 2010, 23:16:39 PM »
This story will undoubtedly run and run.

It's my opinion that Wayne Rooney is not the "sharpest tack in the box". I don't mean that to be a criticism, merely an observation.

But the more I hear and think about his desire to leave Man U, the more I'm beginning to think that this has been "manufactured" by his "advisers" for the sole purpose of them getting their not insignificant cut.

Alternatively, there is the BBC's Rob Green view that he is nothing more that a "badge kissing mercenary" whose all consideration is money.

PS The Government are planning a tax on Banker's bonuses. Perhaps they should have a look at Mr Rooney's income stream.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Is Wayne innocent ?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 00:21:27 AM »
He might be after going abroad h, and pay 15% tax as opposed to what he's paying here, but cant see colleen wanting to move away from her family, he's definately being encouraged by his agent, and you have a good point there, whatever, he is not a loyal person, he has let his wife down, Moyesy and everton down, and now Manu, would'nt touch him with a barge pole.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Is Wayne innocent ?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 07:56:26 AM »
.. or he might just want to win some more trophies.

Offline maximumtom

Is Wayne innocent ?
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 14:45:47 PM »
He did say that he wanted to play for a team where he could win medals. Perhaps he will apply for Spanish nationalty and give us all a break.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Is Wayne innocent ?
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 15:29:00 PM »
Go to chelsea or now man city, like i said before they buy trophies and medals, football died the day a russian stepped in with his billions.[:(!]

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Is Wayne innocent ?
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 15:54:38 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by desmartinson

Go to chelsea or now man city, like i said before they buy trophies and medals, football died the day a russian stepped in with his billions.[:(!]

What you actually mean is, football died the day someone had more money than your club and you couldn't have domination anymore, the game is more wide open now since the premiership began.

Offline Gavos999

Is Wayne innocent ?
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 16:16:00 PM »
I reckon the Premiership is better than ever now ,agreed Mr Tinkerman  :P

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Is Wayne innocent ?
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 16:17:35 PM »
thats a beer I owe you Gav ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Is Wayne innocent ?
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 18:52:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

quote:
Originally posted by desmartinson

What you actually mean is, football died the day someone had more money than your club and you couldn't have domination anymore, the game is more wide open now since the premiership began.

i dont actually support any particular club Andy, but what i mean is when players used to play for pride and passion for their club and country not for excessive ammounts of money. im not a man utd supporter but i have great admiration for a man called alex ferguson who won nothing for years,then went on to build a team of youngsters i;e beckham,giggs,scholes,butt,neville bros,etc(remember youngsters never win anything said mr hanson), they went on to become the best team in the world, and that was in the premiership years, no billionares needed then. so you and Gav carry on looking at football as it is now, but i,ll bet there is more people out there who would rather have it as it was. ps, i think thats a pint you owe me. ;):D:D

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Is Wayne innocent ?
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 20:45:29 PM »
Wages and transfer records
There is no team or individual salary cap in the Premier League. As a result of the increasingly lucrative television deals, player wages rose sharply following the formation of the Premier League. In the first Premier League season the average player wage was £75,000 per year,[102] but subsequently rose by an average 20 per cent per year for a decade,[103] £409,000 in 2000-01, £676,000 in 2003-04 season[104] rising to £1.1 million for the 2008-09 season.[105]

The record transfer fee for a Premier League has been broken several times over the lifetime of the competition. Prior to the start of the first Premier League season Alan Shearer became the first British player to command a transfer fee of more than £3 million.[106] The record rose steadily in the Premier League's first few seasons, until Alan Shearer made a world record breaking £15 million move to Newcastle United in 1996.[106] This stood as a British record for four years until it was eclipsed by the £18 million Leeds paid West Ham for Rio Ferdinand.[106] Manchester United subsequently broke the record three times by signing Ruud van Nistelrooy, Juan Sebastián Verón and Rio Ferdinand.[107] Chelsea broke the record in May 2006, when they signed Andriy Shevchenko, from AC Milan. The exact figure of the transfer fee was not disclosed, but was reported as being around £30 million.[108] This was eclipsed by Manchester City's transfer of Robinho from Real Madrid on 1 September 2008 for £32.5 million.[109] The transfer of Robinho remains the largest ever paid by a Premier League club. The record transfer in the sport's history had a Premier League club on the selling end, with Manchester United accepting an £80 million bid from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009.[110]

so there you have it! Man u broke the transfer record three times before Chelsea did.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf