Author Topic: Sky needs to drop two dinosaurs  (Read 7512 times)

Offline tiddly winks

Sky needs to drop two dinosaurs
« on: January 24, 2011, 23:13:39 PM »
Okay, I'm a girl so I'm obviously biased in this, but is anyone else disgusted by the comments made by Andy Grey and Richard Keys?
Regardless if what they said wasn't supposed to be heard by everyone else, the fact remains that sexism is still a issue in football.

To suggest that a female official doesn't know the offside rule is a complete and utter farce and Gray's suggestion that someone 'f***ked up big' is just indescribably infuriating. And Keys saying 'the game's gone mad' has that man seen women's football? It is pretty damn good and I'm happy to point out that Arsenal woman's team do better than the men's side :D
Yes, it may seem I'm overreacting but I am a girl who has a passion for football and is proud to understand the sport and is proud of female offcials for what they do. Ms Massey made a good call at the Wolves game and is proof that we do know what we're talking about.

Ok rant over, I'm off to post something nice to Gray and Keys  8)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 23:32:52 PM »
It's the biggest nothing story ever. Men have been having this conversation with their mates tonight, last night, last week and 50 years ago. As you laugh at men not being able to multitask, our traditional amusement of the female form generally involves their inability to understand the offside rule. No matter how many times the topic comes up, even with the same friends, it is amusing to our tiny brains to laugh at this general inability to grasp a basic rule of our national game by wimmin.

This country has become totally ridiculous - a highly educated man is charged with murdering his neighbour, our troops are coming home without their legs, and the outcry of choice is two blokes taking the mickey out of a girly.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 23:44:22 PM »
Must agree Scunner - but I would sack the smarmy barstewards anyway!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 23:47:00 PM »
If this is the excuse needed to do just that then it gets my vote!

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 08:28:18 AM »

Personally, if I were the boss of Sky, I would sack the person who recorded this private conversation and made it public. If people were sacked for their private views, the country would grind to a halt ( how many people have referred to their boss, in private, as an idiot ?).
I would like to know what the agenda is of the person who did the recording. Does he/she have a grudge ? How long has he/she been making recodrdings to find something to 'use' ?
I find it regrettable that Sky has made the presenters apologise for comments, that were not made on air, in order to mollify a vociferous section of the community. The person who has put Sky in this position is the 'whistleblower' and, as this person is obviously not a team player, this is the person I would sack.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 09:13:49 AM »
ah but in employment law, whistleblowers have protection against being sacked.

Actually i agree with Tiddly - for goodness sake, we are in the modern age here, why can't a girlie have as much knowledge as a chappie about football ?  Single minded idiots, it makes my blood boil - she is a young lass, clearly loves her footy and has done a damn good job so far as she is only 19.  if these too old bafoons don't have anything nice to say then they shouldn't say it at all. Yes we all go in for a bit of work place banter, but this was beyond that :(

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 09:14:08 AM »
It has also emerged that Gray gave an interview before the match and critised the lineswoman's abilities.   I agree with Tiddle Winks, lets get rid of these over paid dinosaurs (I just heard that Gray is on 1.7 million per year).  No matter how may times they say sorry we all know their dyed in the wool views of women.  I suggest Jamie Redknapp and Ben Shepherd as the new presenters. A breath of fresh air on Sky..and here is the girly view expected by some men... Two guys who are very easy on the eye.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 09:14:25 AM »
They really were set up! Why would someone record a private conversation?

Offline davybill

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 09:23:55 AM »
she seemed a much better lineswoman,than andy gray is a commontator

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 09:48:21 AM »
he's a man U fan so he should be sacked.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf