Author Topic: Talking football  (Read 879 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Talking football
« on: April 06, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »
Latest news is the IF Leeds make it back to the prem then they will have to disclose who actually owns the club or they not be allowed into the league.

As a Leeds fan I would to know who actually owns us but to be honest I don't think it really matters that much - as long as we are trading solvently and within the rules.

For those that don't know:

Leeds's chief executive Shaun Harvey told MPs last month the club's owners are a holding company called FSF based in the West Indian island of Nevis, owned by three discretionary trusts.

The owners of these trusts are unknown but have appointed two men, Patrick Murrin and Peter Boatman, to run the club and they had asked Ken Bates to be chairman.

Leeds's ownership statement say no single person or company owns more than 10 per cent of the discretionary trusts.

Two years ago the Football League wrote to Leeds for clarification over who was in ultimate charge of the club and the documentation subsequently provided led to the club's owners passing the League's fit and proper persons test.

My view is it's going to be difficult to let them know who owns the club if our own CE doesn't actually know. Isn't that one of the advantages of this type of offshore trust - anonymity?

More interesting times with LUFC - Mr Bates is probably the owner anyway. He's good with smoke and mirrors.

Offline steve marshall

• Hull, UK
Talking football
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 15:27:02 PM »
kick em out the league.....lol.......

Offline BM06

Talking football
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 16:58:22 PM »
Talking Football, Leeds:D:D:D:D:D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Talking football
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 23:27:41 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BM06

Talking Football, Leeds:D:D:D:D:D

Most attractive team to watch in Championship this season. No team has been part of so many goals.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf