Author Topic: Disgusting  (Read 2054 times)

Offline tonyb

Disgusting
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 13:30:53 PM »
If that tackle isn't a case for retrospective punishment, then the Premier League/FA are a blind as Scunner. You won't have seen a more intentional attempt to "nobble" an opponent all season. I reckon Holloway must have said to Adam before the game, " I want to see how quick Bale can limp." The lad could't even do that, after Admam's "tackle" H, Character, my arse. Just a disgusting foul, which will no doubt go unpunished.Rant over.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Disgusting
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 14:04:30 PM »
Not blind, I saw it. I see one or more in most games. Hence my comment.

Offline ronzeus

Disgusting
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 14:06:24 PM »
Tony ,more intentional attempt to noble a player ,did you not see Jamie Carragher on Nanni ?.I await your abuse Moe. :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 14:06:51 PM by ronzeus »

Offline tonyb

Disgusting
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 14:25:19 PM »
Not in the same league ronzeous- as Nani can still kick a ball , I rest my case !!!

Offline tonyb

Disgusting
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 14:31:03 PM »
Not without it geting punished,you don't Scun.I think we need to put things in a little perspective here. Rooney gets a ban(& I'm no Man Utd Fan)for shooting his mouth off. I don't condone it in any way- sets a bad exemple, but got got punished retrospectively. Why not Adam.To intentially injure a fellow professional is as bad if not worse.

Offline ronzeus

Disgusting
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 14:33:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tonyb

Not in the same league ronzeous- as Nani can still kick a ball , I rest my case !!!

What case Tony ,you made a statement.:(

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Disgusting
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 15:13:24 PM »
If charged by the FA what he would get is a 3 match ban. If this happened in December, Bale could have missed maybe 10 games. The punishment does not fit the crime. I have looked at that tackle at least 10 times today and each time I watch it I am convinced it was intentional. Shame because Adam had such a good season for Blackpool.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Disgusting
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 17:13:55 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ronzeus

Tony ,more intentional attempt to noble a player ,did you not see Jamie Carragher on Nanni ?.I await your abuse Moe. :D

Why abuse !, Jamies was a bad tackle, granted, but Nani was reported to being out for months, think he missed 2 games, what about Rooney's elbow, I think that was worse,and that was without any attempt at the ball, there's been loads more, but I guess its ones own personal perspective on it,

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Disgusting
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 19:10:39 PM »
A couple of examples of bad challenges have been cited, Rooney and  Carragher.

But what upset me most about the Adam's incident (I refuse to call it a tackle) was the clear intent and the fact that unlike Rooney and Carragher's, it could have threatened the career of a great young footballer.

Offline ronzeus

Disgusting
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 15:05:49 PM »
John,look at the video on epltalk.com or even youtube and you can clearly see Carragher had no intention of playing the ball.
 Moe,Nani was out for a month.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf