Author Topic: Should he stay or should he go?  (Read 3605 times)

Offline sandgrounder

Should he stay or should he go?
« on: August 28, 2011, 18:13:16 PM »
Arsene Wenger??

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 18:34:20 PM »
Time for a change I think for both him and the supporters

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 18:44:55 PM »
How quickly people forget - Wenger brought Arsenal back to the very top and much as I don't like the moaning git he also made the club millions for example when buying players for half a million and selling them on after great service for tens of millions. They've just lost their two most valuable members of staff - which company could cope the same as before having lost their two top salesmen or whatever? Arsenal fans wanting his departure need a reality check or a new club - perhaps they could follow money grabber Nasri (who was he before Wenger bought him) to Man City.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 18:45:43 PM »
Presumably the answer last Thursday morning would have been no.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 18:55:40 PM »
If I had his ear I would tell him:

He needs to make a statement of intent within 3 days by buying: Wesley Sneijder - Gary Cahill and Carlos Tevez - will he - probably not  ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 19:01:28 PM »
so buy,buy,buy, if you want to buy trophys support Chelsea or Man city, ferguson has proved you can do it with youngsters, he done it today. ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 19:05:20 PM »
It's a shame that the so called World class players he still has don't seem to give a damn about the club, judging by today's performance.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 21:20:00 PM »
Sir Alex Ferguson said: "He has been a big adversary and will continue to be when he gets his big players back."

I think that answers the question.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 22:33:59 PM »
The situation at Arsenal is not new and has been brewing for 5 years. Every year the club seemed to lose one or two of their big players and they have never been replaced. Yes, he has made a great deal of money out of the sales but the club has invested it in the new ground and the development of the old Highbury.Arsenal may be a very well run club financially but where is all the money going. The season ticket prices are the most expensive in the world.

Today was really the last straw as the team he put out was the weakest Arsenal side that I have ever seen. There is really no excuse for it and blaming games against Liverpool and the two CL games as an excuse is not really acceptable. The team was totally unprepared. The defence did not have a clue whether they were playing high up the pitch or not. The two centre backs did not evn understand that they were on the pitch. Wenger has got to take the blame for that.Half the team were unknowns and most of the others had passed their sell by dates.

The problems now for the club is the ability to attract big name players to a team that, based on the performances this season, be lucky to finish in the top half of the table. You cannot expect supporters to pay top dollar to watch a group of overpaid second raters perform. What the club has got to do is spend, try to survive this year and come out fighting next season. This will not be easy as they will not qualify for Europe next season.

Highlander you talk about getting players back. Wilshire, Vermalen,Gervenhio and Sagna are not going to turn the tide. In january he will lose 3 players to the African nations Cup. The answer being they buy a cheap South korean.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 22:42:49 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 22:41:57 PM »
Yes but how is the situation Wenger's fault? (I can't believe I'm defending him or Arsenal!!) but the board will want him to spend 50p on new players and any manager will spend every penny of £500 million. There are injuries (I understand, I don't know who they are referring to) major players on the way out and nobody of the same class coming in. Not the manager's fault!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf