Author Topic: I Don't believe It !  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
I Don't believe It !
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 14:51:42 PM »
I do that :D

What else can you do though, it has to go in the overhead locker and I can't do that from my seat...

Offline marina

I Don't believe It !
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 15:41:07 PM »
:D think we're probaby all guilty of that at times, but easier to put up with when you're going on holiday than when you're coming back!!!  ;)

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
I Don't believe It !
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 16:26:40 PM »
I always wonder, what with the checks on passengers, how anyone with oversize hand luggage is allowed to reach the aeroplane.
On one occasion a bag I had carried as hand luggage for around 5 years was refused and had to be checked in as hold luggage.
Once settled in my seat a bloke walked past struggling with what looked like an occupied 'body bag' and none of the cabin crew even commented.

Offline jacqtay

I Don't believe It !
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 16:52:36 PM »
We used ryanair for the first time last month and for £48 return each to Malaga i dont think an extra £2 charge would have stopped us from booking. Also using them next week to Faro for £38each rtn and again I dont think £40 instead of £38 would have put us off booking.

I also thought legroom was fine and staff good. 8)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
I Don't believe It !
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 17:05:41 PM »
A friend of our booked to go from Scotland to Ireland this week with Ryan Air.  The advertised cost of the flight ws £8.00 return. He ended up paying £80.00 after all the extras.
About 4 years ago my son and his friend went to Rome with Ryan Air.  They took a suitcase each and when it was the cases were weighed going out they were fine.  They bought no presents or souvenirs but when they arrived at the airport to return they were told that both cases where over weight and had to pay £35.00 each.  Apparently this happened to lots of people on the flight and there was nearly a bust up with one irate guy from Glasgow who had to be take away to calm down.

Offline marina

I Don't believe It !
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 17:59:11 PM »
John H - we've always thought that too. There doesn't seem to be any rules for hand luggage, even though all airlines have their maximum luggage sizes advertised.

All in all, from our one experience of Ryanair last year, flying from Liverpool to Carcassonne I would certainly not hesitate to use them again.  We paid £201 for the two of us, return flights, including on-line check-in, an admin fee (I think) and one piece of checked in luggage each. This was right at the end of August.  Another £2 each wouldn't have made much difference.

Offline peecee

I Don't believe It !
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 08:50:08 AM »
If it happened to a lot of people on the Rome flight (Jacqui's post) then I would have queried whether the scales at Rome were dodgy (or not)
I've had a couple of flights with Ryannair recently and would agree with the comments made by Marina.  Flights were on time, cheap, cabin crew cheerful and would definitely fly with them again.  No frills, no hassle, and they certainly didn't bang on constantly about lottery tickets, meals etc. etc. like Thomas Cook.  Oh, and by the way, only 10p of the Tom Cook lottery is given to the charity so they pocket the rest:-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf