Author Topic: Hold baggage with Easyjet  (Read 4546 times)

Offline Boydie1

« on: May 01, 2016, 11:28:43 AM »
Does anybody  know if you are allowed to take a large package / box 100cm x 52cm x 20 cm weighing less than 20kg as your hold baggage allowance with Easyjet?

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Hold baggage with Easyjet
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 11:36:55 AM »
I have in the past put a similar sized (under 20kg) object in the hold no problem, I just checked in and went to the over-sized baggage area.  When we got to Dalaman it was not on the carousel, but on the side with buggies and other oversized boxes.  Although with airlines changing the rules on a regular basis, it will be worth checking.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 11:47:31 AM »
EasyJet web site is your friend...

"Each item you check-in as hold luggage has to be under a certain size and weight. Its total size has to be under 275cm (to find this out simply add its length + width + height) and a standard weight of 20kg per bag, except for sporting and medical equipment."

http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/preparing-to-fly/baggage

JF

Offline Boydie1

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 12:34:12 PM »
Thanks guys. I did look at the Easyjet website but was unsure as it states the measurements ok but it also says that it had to be a "suitable container". I don't know whether a cardboard  box qualifies as "suitable container"!!!

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 20:06:26 PM »
I heard this week thst the Easyjet check in at Gatwick is now all automated you put your luggsge on the scales and im guessing if ur over u must have to pay by card...
Iv just flown with them ( 2 weeks ago) and only had hand luggage so cant clarify this personaly!

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 20:50:55 PM »
It is the same from Manchester.

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 21:00:25 PM »
We flew out with Easyjet last week and yes it's fully automated and very slick.
The whole flight from start to finish was really good better than some of the More expensive airlines I've flown with

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 20:07:56 PM »
Can anyone tell me please now Easyjet checkin desks appear to be all automated are there very long ques or has this speeded things up and if you happen to be over your allowance ( hooefully i wont be) do you just pay by card..
Thanks for any info...

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 21:43:28 PM »
They were all automated and short queues of only a couple of people. I was 2.5 kg over and it said I could pay an extra £20.
So I piled all my goodies from the outer zip part of my case into my hand luggage until it allowed it with no extra charge at 20.5 kg.
It prints off your label and you put this on your case.
Feeling very pleased with myself I picked up my cabin case but hadnt zipped it up and felt a right idiot when 80 double choca mocha sachets fell out.
Nightmare.
But otherwise very simple and quick.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 22:08:31 PM »
The same experience for me, no queues and it will allow you to combine weight for all on one booking in other words two cases one at 25 and the other at 15kg won't cause a charge. Although I remember thinking I would always be inclined to put the lightest through first because then you know what the second is expected to be and enable you to remove items if you want. At least with easyjet there's no restriction with weight in hand luggage.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf