Author Topic: The Digturk Sting  (Read 4936 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The Digturk Sting
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 10:11:44 AM »
Things are certainly richer these days. I briefly had Digiturk and when I cancelled they were quite easy to deal with. The only problem was that when I returned the box and remote they pursued me relentlessly for the scart lead (which I hadn't even thought about). To prevent it ending in court, I dropped it off to them  :)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
The Digturk Sting
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 11:02:58 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by milliemars

We have just had a similar letter saying we owed over 500tl we cancelled at the same time as you.Dave has been down to Digiturk and we are waiting to be called back.

You will have a long wait.:(

Offline milliemars

The Digturk Sting
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 12:09:31 PM »
They rang back we now owe 324tl and they are not budging.Dave said when he went down to the shop it seemed like the world and his wife English and Turkish all had the same problem.Digiturk must be rubbing their hands togeather.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
The Digturk Sting
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 12:12:19 PM »
I was told by my bank manager many people are being caught with this:(

Offline scouser2

The Digturk Sting
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 11:04:37 AM »
Just had a call from Digiturk, saying I owe just under 200TL, and that I was to go to their office in Mugla. I told them that I cannot owe them any money as I always paid a years subcription in advance, the last one being for 507TL in Jan 2009.We were told that by paying for a years service, we would get 13 months for the price of 12.We cancelled this contract at the beginning of Jan 2010, and took the box back to Digiturk.The guy refused to accept it and told us to bring it back in 3 weeks time, which we did.
We were given a phone number to call, and I told the customer service person that I had my contract for the previous year and the receipt for the digibox that was returned.He told me that he could not see a problem with my account on his system.
So are DODGYTURK just trying their luck?
By the way has anyone else NOT had a letter saying that they owe money? or is everyone just being phoned to tell them they owe money?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
The Digturk Sting
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 11:18:29 AM »
next is the letter from the lawyer with another 100 lira attached..

Offline milliemars

The Digturk Sting
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 12:52:02 PM »
Have been told that in the small print it states that you must cancel your contract in the same month as you take it out,if not you will have to pay up to that month.The lawyer came to collect ours which ended up at 286tl he was the one that told us of that little scam.Also be aware if not paid you could be stopped from leaving the country and picked up from the airport and straight to Jandarm,another little gem from the lawyer.

Offline PKHUGHES100

The Digturk Sting
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 17:05:27 PM »
Stupid question and excuse me for asking, I cancelled digiturk because I was not using apartment as often as I thought I would, is it possible to purchase freeview type thing without internet access.

Kevin

Offline peecee

The Digturk Sting
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 05:26:38 AM »
PKH You could get satelite tv such as Nilesat.  It cost me 300tl to have installed, one off payment and it doesn't keep disappearing like Thor.  Film channels, news, Dubai TV and loads others.  About 700 channels in all.

Offline PKHUGHES100

The Digturk Sting
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2010, 12:11:21 PM »
Peecee, almost cost that me with all the messing about with Digturk, installation, cancellation etc,  if only I had known that, thanks for your advice.

Kevin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf