Author Topic: A warning that was on a F.B. Forum today about a removal company.  (Read 10304 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green

Quote........................
Hello everyone. If this is not allowed, please delete!! But I just want to warn people about a man who goes by an alias 'JIM SMITH' his real name is WILLIAM DAVID GORDON, company name TRGBTRANS He collected my personal belongings from the UK In January with a promise of a 2 week delivery date in Bodrum. He took payment upfront. I never saw this man ever again! I had to use a third party to collect my belongings in Bulgaria and bring them here. He has refused to refund me and actually he laughs at me over messages!! 6 months I waited patiently, I got excuse after excuse!! Sometimes I wouldn't hear anything for weeks and when I would message him he would just tell me 'relax, you'll get your things soon' so I'm the end I paid double what I was supposed to! As it turns out there are ATLEAST another ten people who he has done the same thing to. So if you are considering using him, please think again!! He comes across as a very sweet man, he came to my parents house in the UK and drank tea with me and my mum while my terminally ill father was resting in the next room..... all the time knowing he was going to scam me!! He disgusts me!!! Sorry for the long post but I really want to spread the word!!!!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: A warning that was on a F.B. Forum today about a removal company.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 17:50:46 PM »
Jacqui - I assume that the accusation has been corroborated by others.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 18:00:19 PM »
Hmmm ..... interesting. Jim's done a lot of work for people in the last couple of years and there haven't been any serious complaints. Just a few niggles about late deliveries that have been caused by delays at customs. There have however been some problems with a driver by the name of Steve Cargill who apparently, has ripped Jim and a number of customers off.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 19:18:03 PM »
Its on Facebook so it must be true...

JF

Offline marina

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 19:40:53 PM »
My thoughts exactly JohnF!  : :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 14:01:53 PM »
It is on a Hisaronu Forum, where  the guy who runs it is very strict. In fact, he did contact the lady in question before he allowed her to print it and said he would allow this to be printed, but would not allow any comments.
I really am sick of comments here about if it is on Facebook it must be true (of course, meaning it is not), as if everything on CBF is gospel and no one should believe people like this woman.   However, if she was a member here, everyone would believe her and sympathise. 
I copied it in case it would help people.   However, perhaps I should tell the lady to become a member here and then if she wrote it, on the almighty CBF then she would be believed. 
CBF also have a F.B  Page where members write and lots of them never post on this page.  Therefore, is the CBF Page on F.B. Rubbish too and should not be believed??   John and Marina, should we all think that CBF members on F.B are all lying?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 14:41:46 PM »
However, if she was a member here, everyone would believe her and sympathise.   

,,,perhaps I should tell the lady to become a member here and then if she wrote it, on the almighty CBF then she would be believed. 

Well, you don't 'alf have a lot to say on a forum that you obviously despise so much !

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 14:44:40 PM »
No, I like this forum, but I also like the forums on F.B and am tired of members here saying F.B members are liars.  I suspect most of the people saying this are not on F.B.
Animal Aid have a Party soon and Fig has 50% off it's shop goods.  Both stories on F.B. However, as they are on F.B. They must be true??? Or are they???

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 14:56:59 PM »
Jacqui - for my part I only asked if this story had been corroborated. If it has not been then the claims must remain unsubstantiated.

Why did the fellow who runs that forum not allow comments ?

I seem to recall that Trip Advisor got it wholly wrong with regard to Levissi Garden.

PS Both the events you quoted can be verified as of course you know :(
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 15:11:42 PM by Highlander »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 15:38:37 PM »
Or put it this way…….

If we didn’t know each other and one person made derogatory remarks about your former business on Facebook, Trip Advisor or any other forum, would you expect me to immediately believe that person.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf