Author Topic: Driving in Turkey  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Driving in Turkey
« on: November 05, 2019, 06:24:44 AM »

Omg what an experience it’s been driving out here and I’m only a passenger!
Derek is doing a sterling job navigating let me have a think, other cars (obvs) scooters (obvs) people including ole Turkish lady’s trying to cross busy road with a wheelbarrow, dogs omg if I’d been driving yesterday a poor wee dog would have been a gonna for sure!...random chickens here and there, cats you name it!
Yesterday we got a little lost and ended up at some proper windy cliff type roads whilst the views were stunning it was pretty damn nerve wracking, we had to pull over for a breather once we reached safety!
There has been a few occasions where hubby has said once were indoors I need a brandy!

On a serious note it has been truly amazing to see some lovely other places and not have to rely on public transport to do so ( still love the good old dolmus) I have to say we are now hooked on hiring a car when here...

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Driving in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 06:43:36 AM »
Well the car went back yesterday so back to the dolly for us hey ho I like the dolmus too...
Derek said he is looking forward to getting on public transport again and having a wee break from the driving as our last day was unbelievable heading towards Fethiye from Olu Deniz ( which out of season we have both fallen a little bit in love with tho I’m guessing it would be not quite the same during summer) omg it is just crazy re driving here, husband decided to join the “brigade of beepers) and every time some1 beeped he beeped back so pretty much all the time really...
  :)  ;) :D

Offline Menthol

Re: Driving in Turkey
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 19:43:37 PM »
You do get used to it. I promise.

I actually prefer driving here to the UK - but not during Bayram when all the Istanbul 34 plate cars descend.
Having just returned from a week in Istanbul, I actually feel sorry for the drivers there. Just chokka pretty much the whole time. And with the air pollution to go along with it.

In Fethiye, just expect EVERYTHING to happen. You wont be disappointed   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf