Author Topic: Mobile Phones  (Read 2692 times)

Offline vivadonkeyoaty

• Newly Registered
Mobile Phones
« on: December 06, 2019, 17:52:31 PM »
Hi I bought a mobile telephone in Turkey
and signed up with Turkcel.
I left it in England last time I was over, but would like to use it again. One of my neighbours said that things have changed and only residents can now use a Turkish mobile. Is this true?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Mobile Phones
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 10:40:08 AM »
Essentially, yes there has been a change, as Turkish phones now need to be re registered, the deadline was 1st May or thereabouts, so your Turkish phone will now have died

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=66469.0

Offline saoirse

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 07:32:53 AM »
Have read if you have a TC number- even if previous RP has expired- the TC number together with passport is sufficient to buy a new Turkish payg phone

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 09:27:12 AM »
Once you've had a Residence Permit, even after it's expired or you've lost it, you'll ALWAYS have a Yabanci Kimlik Numarasi to use for registering a mobile phone. If you don't know what it is, go to the Foreigner's Police office behind the Jandarma barracks in the centre of Fethiye. They'll look it up on their computer for you.

Offline daveG

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 10:51:32 AM »
Two out of three visits this yr, we have had to re-register with Vodaphone. It would appear that as soon as you leave/return
they threaten to turn of your tel.
Our residency expires shortly and as such we will not be renewing so thanks KKOB for info as what will be required on next visit.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 11:24:11 AM »
Worth considering a change to UK Vodafone Dave. There's no extra charge for using it in Turkey.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 11:32:44 AM »
Once you've had a Residence Permit, even after it's expired or you've lost it, you'll ALWAYS have a Yabanci Kimlik Numarasi to use for registering a mobile phone. If you don't know what it is, go to the Foreigner's Police office behind the Jandarma barracks in the centre of Fethiye. They'll look it up on their computer for you.

Excellent information
Thanks very much

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf