Author Topic: gunlakbashi  (Read 6120 times)

Offline tel

gunlakbashi
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2007, 06:27:02 AM »
Lisa S,
I thought it was the main gateway into Fethiye, or it has been the years I have been here.  Tourists cringe when they suffer the indignity of the route. Not the best months to pick and I bet the shop keepers are well down on takings.  Drains are usually to the side of the road and the drains that go across the main road, I would have thought wouldn't disrupt the whole length of the road. Homeowners nearby I guess are happy to0.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
gunlakbashi
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2007, 08:41:01 AM »
The photos are to show the ones who dont live here that the resurfacing is begining, I personally wish them to leave it the way it is, the road is so much quieter, except for the dust!

I feel sorry for the shopkeepers, they have suffered the whole season, a few of them have had to close and they doubt if they will re open, rents are to be higher for some because of a nice shiny road.

When the new road opened splitting the resort in two, it was not used as much, then the powers that be started work on the Gunlukbsi roads and Karachulla road, forcing traffic on to the main road, now they have got used to new Calis road are they planning on calming the Gunlukbsi road (I hope so).  but the new road from Calis to Fethiye is an accident waiting, watching young children (and adults) trying to cross this section is heart stopping at times, especially when you see someone who is not so steady on their feet climbing the high central reservation.

As for re-surfacing, they are working today, there is very little "bottoming" so if we have rain as we did 3-4 years ago the road is not going to last the winter season, therefore, will have to be done again next year,  oh well I guess that is what is sadly named as progress.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 08:42:16 AM by loz »

Offline dycedon

gunlakbashi
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2007, 13:54:38 PM »
Has anyone an update on the progress of the road we are out in 2 weeks, so hopefully it will be well on its way, to be honest it was a bit of a mess but nothing that couldnt be crossed

Offline tel

gunlakbashi
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2007, 18:00:14 PM »
Where is Loz,
Drove up most of the way yesterday as it has been covered in loose stones and grit, most of the way from Fethiye.
Steamrollers about, so cant be much longer now.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
gunlakbashi
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2007, 18:19:31 PM »
lol...Tel

the house in full of the aroma of TAR! it is now at the end of our road,

Past the Shell petrol station, and the main road, Tarmac is just outside the Chicken Restaurant.

Now shall we try guessing?  Where was it the last time you were trying to drive the road, how long ago then multiply it by XXy mtres...lol  

if nothing else it whiles away an evening  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf