Author Topic: PAINLESS ACCOUNT OPENING AT NATIONWIDE  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
PAINLESS ACCOUNT OPENING AT NATIONWIDE
« on: August 04, 2006, 19:47:29 PM »
Opened our account at Nationwide this afternoon, quite painless.  We were told by the assistant that lots of people who holiday abroad are opening accounts with them so they can us A.T.M's and not have to change money before they leave.   She asked us where we were going in Turkey (never heard of Calis) but said she had been to Altinkum and it was far to quite, with nothing to do,  and was going to book for Bodrum or Marmaris next time!!! will they never learn.
Looking forward to using our Nationwide cards at the A.T.M.'s in Calis.   Thanks to everyone for the advice.
Jacqui.

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 21:47:06 PM »

We opened our Nationwide account online, we received our debit cards and a cheque book within a week. PIN numbers arrived within 24 hours of receiving our cards.

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 11:35:40 AM »
We opened our Nationwide a/c a few weeks before we last went out to Calis (July).Used the cashpoints in Calis and fethiye with no problems and good exchange rate.All set for next visit in september! 8)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 17:39:46 PM »
After considerable problems and costs we have changed to Nationwide to transfer our final payment to Finans we were amazed it arrived within 48 hours.  So please anyone out there experiencing problems move to Nationwide for a great service. 8) ;)

Offline Neisha

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 18:30:51 PM »
Definately a good move - i always get a better exchange rate on my N/w atm cash than on exchange in resort and it saves having to carry cash- got to be good. Did mine on line so noooo hassle. :)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 06:43:24 AM »
I agree with all the positive things said about Nationwide, but one word of warning.  If on internet banking trying to sort a problem is a nightmare. My account was recently blocked due entirely to an error made by Nationwide and it took three very long phone calls to the uk.....eight emails and nearly four weeks for them to get it put right.  If I had been dependant on the money in that account I would have been in the s**t!:(

Offline united4eva

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 16:25:55 PM »
hey guys
wish i had a trouble free time with nationwide i tried to open an accout before i came out here i opened it 2 weeks before i left aftr waiting a week and not heard anything off them i called up again and they had no record at all of me trying to open an account and told me i would have to try again but i wouldnt receive my card before i went away meaning i have had a lot of charges on my other bank for taking money out! after all the hassle i had i came away and just my luck the card and details that they had apparently had no record of arrived at my house the day after i left for turkey! gutted but lets hope next time i come out there will be no hassle.
xx heva xxx

Offline Suzanne

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 12:40:16 PM »
Can you tranfer money from your Turkish bank account to your nationwide one ?? and how much do they charge for this...anyone please ??

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 19:24:29 PM »
I tried opening an on line account with Nationwide but as I dont have UK address they would not do it. Thats despite having two savings accounts with them and they are aware that I live in Turkey. Any suggestions?. Fed up with paying bank charges every month.

WW

Offline doll

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 08:04:17 AM »
use one of your families address in uk willy

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf