Author Topic: How to register your mobile online  (Read 14566 times)

Offline victoria

How to register your mobile online
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2006, 16:06:30 PM »
thats all well and good if you happen to want a cheap crap phone, I paid £150 for my new mobile and would rather like to use it, not much to ask really. I dont even mind paying tax, just the stupid arsey method to even get it going.........BUT have heard of someone who has found a back door if you know what I mean......

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2006, 16:16:29 PM »
Victoria
If the "backdoor" you are referring to is to change the IMEI No, that is illegal and could land you with a hefty fine or up to 5 years imprisonment.

Crabbit

Offline victoria

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2006, 17:27:47 PM »
Hi...did the backdoor method and worked a treat, cost 50tl and its working fine now for 3 weeks, didnt change the emi No so not so naughty. Bad news was he couldnt do the new Motorola phone as the technology not available yet, he said in one month he would be able to do that one too. I would have paid the 50 tl to the Turkish Govmt. had they not made things so ridiculously difficult as they always do. Where theres a will theres a way. Thanks for all your help tho.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2006, 18:44:01 PM »
Victoria,

Keep us posted as I'm not so sure you will have got in by any 'back door' method - other than changing the IMEI number.

I had a phone that worked for a few weeks and then they locked it. I hope you have sorted it though - even if 50ytl seems excessive to me personally.

Stoop

ps - If it still works in, say, six months then let us all know your secret.-lol

Offline victoria

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2006, 20:41:11 PM »
Perhaps you right, he did something on his lap=top in the back of his shop.....I will let you know if it continues to work but he guarantees it will. The 50tl was much cheaper than buying a new crap  phone here tho. its a newish Samsung, cost £200 and too good to throw away, like it also!!!! Hes done quite a few now, all with success, some as long as 8 wks ago, heres hoping!!

Offline victoria

« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2006, 20:42:26 PM »
Perhaps you right, he did something on his lap=top in the back of his shop.....I will let you know if it continues to work but he guarantees it will. The 50tl was much cheaper than buying a new crap  phone here tho. its a newish Samsung, cost £200 and too good to throw away, like it also!!!! Hes done quite a few now, all with success, some as long as 8 wks ago, heres hoping!!

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2006, 21:42:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by victoria

he did something on his lap=top in the back of his shop.

He most probably did for 50TL the same thing i have done for many members free of charge.

Crabbit

Offline Andrew H

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2006, 22:44:31 PM »
Thought my experience would help having read all the posts.

I went and bought a cheap Nokia phone at TELSIM  shop opposite PTT as trying to register a UK  phone is a nightmare.

Everything registered fine and it worked well.However as you know the credit runs out after 3 months if not used and phone number goes after 6 months.

Short of going back to Turkey in interimto keep phone live  went back to telsim shop and registered phone for international roaming which involved no cost but I had to produce my passport AND my credit card details.

They then handed everything back to me and when I got back to Uk phone was on vodafone network and works fine except some messages still in Turkish.

The advantage of this is I keep the same number, and the 3 and 6 months dates now dont seem to  matter as all I have to do is make one phone call from the UK to  somewhere every 3 months to keep the phone live and the cost is debited to my credit card [cost unknown] and when I go out againtold I  can use prepaid if I want.

However doesn't seem I can top up prepaid from the UK but still trying to work this bit out

Hope this helps.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2006, 00:06:46 AM »
interesting, could you buy a few top up cards in Turkey and top up from the UK? Far to simple a solution, so probably not!

Crabbit how are you on unlocking a LG3330c ?  everything that I have read on this phone says you need a doublo dubby dubby thingy...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 00:08:36 AM by loz »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2006, 08:59:39 AM »
I know with Turkcell you can set up and top up from their website. I think you need to set this up in Turkey first then you can just keep topping up by credit or debit card. I think Avea offer a similar service.

Stoop

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf