Author Topic: prescriptions  (Read 2064 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
prescriptions
« on: August 09, 2006, 20:03:50 PM »
I have tried the search tab but couldn't find what I needed to know. Is it possible to get the same prescription drugs in Turkey as we have in England. My husband has a few medical complaints and I take oestrogen only tabs. Also anyone know where we can get hearing aid batteries? or get a new hearing aid when this one packs in? Honestly we aren't falling in bits!!!!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
prescriptions
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 20:18:29 PM »
If you take the pill boxes, leaflets from the medicines, or bottles, into a chemist they will get onto the computer and match the medicines up. Most of the drugs do not need prescription and they work out a lot cheaper in Turkey, however, there is no such thing as Codeine in Turkey, my daughter tried to get her usual prescribed migraine tablets, but the chemists we tried us told us the same thing about Codeine, so if any of your medicines have it, you will be unlucky.
Jacqui.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
prescriptions
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 21:20:32 PM »
Thank you Jacqui. I will try this when we are next over. Anne

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
prescriptions
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 21:59:57 PM »

There is a really good chemist in Fethiye almost across the road from Gima, with a pharmacist who speaks excellent English. I took my repeat prescription form in with me and he confirmed that I can indeed get my medications there without prescription - probably a damn sight cheaper too!

Offline jacqui13

prescriptions
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 23:10:53 PM »
Jacqui Harvey, concerning Codeine, as someone who is on tablets for the rest of my days for headaches, I was told by my rheumatology consultant that I couldn't have any painkillers with Codeine in as Codeine exacerbates headaches!! Might be worth your daughter asking?
Best wishes, Jacqui13.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
prescriptions
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 04:31:40 AM »
i know that for some drugs probably including codiene as its a  potentially dangerious drug you will need to get a doctors prescripition for in turkey, but most you dont and can buy over the counter.

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
prescriptions
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 08:14:16 AM »
A lady I met on our last trip who used to fly back to the Uk when she was running out of her HRT tablets,but has since found she can buy them locally for less than she was paying for her prescription.
For the hearing aid batteries-you need to go on the top back road in Fethiye past Beko on your left and a bit further on on the right next to a scooter shop its only a small shop but says "Medical Centre".

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
prescriptions
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 11:14:44 AM »
I found an excellent pharmasist in Fethiye who speaks fair English but also has a Turkish/English medical dictionary opposite the mosque I think, but before the phone shops on the little stretch.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
prescriptions
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 20:27:27 PM »
Thank you Jo. That is just what I wanted to know and Val. I will try the chemist that U recommended. Cheaper is music to my husbands ears (not his deaf one)!!! Anne. x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf