Author Topic: janet and john  (Read 1842 times)

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
janet and john
« on: September 11, 2006, 19:15:08 PM »
Can somebody tell me in janet and john fashion, what to do when next at our new home in turkey,ie mobile phones. do i buy one here or in turkey and register/buy sim card where, yes i do sound thick, but am not a mobile person at the best of times, but we found out in august when were over that we do really need one. many thanx Bee, simpleton

Offline gt

janet and john
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 19:21:54 PM »
hi bee
we had a similar problem in aug uk mobile should of worked but didnt,kids mobile got locked by herself and turkish sim card in uk mobile got turned off.
My advice buy a turkish mobile and keep it working,mine cost about £40,cheap and simple it texts and makes calls.Was set up by the shop and took about 10 mins good luck

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
janet and john
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 00:01:47 AM »
I use 'one roam' sim card, which enables me to make and receive calls in Turkey for about 27p per minute on my english mobile. It is a pay as you go system and works in most countries.  I just swap the sim card. This saves the hazzle of buying a Turkish phone and having to use it every 12 weeks to keep it registered. You have to buy a starter kit  for about £12 but it fairly simple to organise - see their website.
 I use international phone card for long calls to UK - gives me a reason to get out into the sun.

Offline teresa321

janet and john
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 07:25:58 AM »
We wanted to take mobiles from the UK and register them but reading the forum has made us change our minds as there are lots of problems. So we will need to get a couple of mobiles in Turkey - can anyone point me to a good shop please?  I know there are loads of them but I want friendly advice and to walk out without feeling "done" (even if I probably have been).

Teresa
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 07:28:25 AM by teresa321 »

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
janet and john
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 11:15:28 AM »
We bought ours at the Avea shop just past the mosque.  They are cheap nokia ones costing about £40.

Offline teresa321

janet and john
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 13:31:31 PM »
Is thet walking towards Gima Elsa?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf