Author Topic: health care in Turkey  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Sleuth

health care in Turkey
« on: February 25, 2004, 17:03:19 PM »
Posted - 25 Feb 2004 :  16:29:05      
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excuse me for bringing up a serious question on here,but we were just wondering ?.We have a place in Hisaronu which we only use as a holiday home with only 4 / 5 visits a year. As a future option, we are considering maybe in the future, living permanently out there.As most of the Brits are of a retirement age those that are living over there ,what happens regarding `healthcare` ?? ( Doctors and Hospitals etc,, )for us Brits ?? A subject that needs addressing I think you`ll agree.
Anyway if anyone can offer any information on the above I would appreciate it thanks.

Offline Sinbad

health care in Turkey
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 21:17:16 PM »
I see no one has managed to come up with any into - I too would be interested in any info anyone has and also on optican's prices.

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
health care in Turkey
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 08:25:25 AM »
For minor ailments use the chemists they have very good knowlege of most things,if bits are broken or falling off go to the hospital.If you have resident permit Esnaf Hospital will give you discount card.Not had to use them yet but if I ever have the misfortune I will keep you posted.Have heard they are very good.

Offline Roly

health care in Turkey
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 11:38:10 AM »
Sleuth..in response to your query..we have friends who live in Ovacik. As I remember thay said that they pay around £250 per year each for health insurance. I understand that this covers all their major health needs.Includes hospital treatment, etc. The only exception is doctors visit and doctor emergency call out which if I remember would have increased the premium to £400. I understand that a consultation with adoctor is about £12 + prescription costs. We are going out in April and I will check these figures with them.

Roly

Offline n/a

• deleted
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 00:06:28 AM »
THERE IS PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE IN FETHIYE BUT NOT OVER THE AGE OF 65 YEARS. AXA INSURANCE NEXT TO KAMIL KOC AND LIGHT TOURS OPPOSITE OF COURT BUILDING CAN GIVE YOU ALL INFORMATION, ASK FOR MIHAILA, SHE SPEAKS VERY GOOD ENGLISH AND IS VERY HELPFUL. AS A BRITISH NURSE I HAVE WORKED FOR 5 YEARS IN THE PRIVATE HEALTH SERVICE IN FETHIYE FOR 5 YEARS AND THE CARE IS EXCELLENT, I SUGGEST IF YOU WANT TO TAKE OUT PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU TAKE OUT PRIVATE INPATIENT INSURANCE AS OUTPATIENT TREATMENT IS NOT EXPENSIVE.IF YOU NEED ANY HELP CALL IN MARIA'S ENGLISH RESTAURANT AND ASK FOR JANET AND I CAN ARRANGE AN APPOINTMENT FOR YOU TO DISCUSS IT WITH MIHAILA.

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
health care in Turkey
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 18:41:00 PM »

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get dentistry done whilst on holiday in Turkey. My better half is so disgusted with the state of dentists here that he said he would happily pay for treatment there than feel that he is being ripped off here. He has just been dropped from our dentists practice after being with them for nearly 20 years.They didn't even have the courtesy to tell him, he found out when he tried to make an appointment!

Offline AnneandTerry

health care in Turkey
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 01:03:19 AM »
Yes, it is possible.   We know someone who even got new dentures made during a 2-week holiday.   There is an English-speaking dentist somewhere on the main harbour road in Fethiye - sorry, can't be more specific, but maybe someone else will know exactly where.

Anne and Terry

Offline n/a

• deleted
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 22:10:44 PM »
There is an english speaking dentist called Volkan Ozdag in the little road that leads from the back of Kamil Koc office and light tours going towards the indoor market opposite the dry cleaners. He is excellent, I can recommend him

Offline nelliedeen

health care in Turkey
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2004, 21:01:08 PM »
My friend had an accident when she was over in Calis in May, she slipped on stairs and injured her knee.  The next day she went to the new hospital as her knee was swollen.  She took along with her a good friend of ours and had x.rays taken, results given and perscriptions for bandage etc.  all in under 2 hours.  She said the service she received was excellent, the hospital was spotless, which is othing like over here, and it cost her just under £20.00

Offline n/a

• deleted
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2004, 13:41:20 PM »
I think private health insurance is a must if you are thinking about living in turkey. I have first hand knowledge of an unfortunate person who was extremely ill who ended up with a bill for 8,000 pounds. Please think again.!!!
No problem if it is simole outpatient treatment, this is cheap compared to UK but if you were unfortunate to be really poorly here and end up in hospital it can become expensive, and unfortunately we all think it is never going to happen to us !!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf