Author Topic: MRSA  (Read 11325 times)

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
MRSA
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2007, 13:42:02 PM »
Well Alec - you now know what to do - Manuca Honey!
Update. I wish I hadn't taken the Omeprazole last Friday as I have the feeling that when it went into my system it made more MORE acidic on Saturday. It would have been so easy to take another yesterday. I didn't however, I just took the honey & the acidity is fine now. Slept last night with NO reflux problems & today I don't feel at all acidic just with the honey. I've bought some Bisodol & I'm not going to take any more Omeprazol. If I have to take anything it will be the Bisodol.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
MRSA
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2007, 15:19:30 PM »
I also take Omeprazole and boy don't I soon know if I ever forget. If I need to supplement it I use Gaviscon. I used to take Bisodol but it stopped working. I think the best non prescription solution is Xantac but be warned. You cannot use it if you are taking any of the prazole types.
Ken

Offline lindacarl

MRSA
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2007, 16:30:03 PM »
Ken
It was EXACTLY the same with me. Bisodol used to work OK & then stopped hence having to go onto Omeprazole.
I'm sticking with the Manuca Honey - it might be more expensive than a prescription for the first 2-3 months BUT it stands an excellent chance (from the research I've done) of licking the problem totally. Once you've done 2-3 months you will probably bne able to knock it down to a couple of spoonfuls a week to keep it under control.
MUCH better than taking any drug - especially with the side effects that are starting to be noticed after such a short time of its inception.

We both swear by Tea tree & Propalis & everyone we've told about them once they've tried they have agreed - we have told literally hundreds of people - every time we used to do a show we'd get at least a dozen or so people coming back thanking us for giving them the info. (We could root out sore throat problems very easily from an aura photo so just told people we knew were having problems).
Manuca gives the benefit of BOTH of these powerful antibiotic/astringents. What a product!
Linda

Offline linjim

MRSA
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2007, 17:08:33 PM »
We only have a Tesco metro near us and they didn't have the manuca honey. I will have to wait until I am near a bigger Tesco. Your results sound promising Linda.

Offline lindacarl

MRSA
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2007, 17:44:29 PM »
If you can order online from Tesco - delivery from £3.99 - they have it online.
There are a number of £5 discount off a £50 shop or 500 extra points on www.hotdeals.com - click on vouchers. You can also get all the BOGOF offers - ulike in stores where they are often out of stock.
They've only recently started doing deliverys here. If you shop at tescos normally & have a clubcard - look at favourites & virtually everything you've bought is on there.
Used a few times for convenience, the 1-2hr delivery slots are adhered to & the frozen items are still frozen. Often the things we go to the local shop especially for are not available as ours is a small store.

Sainsburys do their own brand online 10+ active @£5.49 for 340gm or another variety for £4.99 for 250gm but only 5++ active i.e. don't buy the 5+ as it's not as good as their own + more expensive. Presumably they should carry it in all stores.
Morrisons also do some - not sure how many gms for £4.99

If you can't find it near the 'normal' honey look around the specialities area. In our local it was by all the honey but in a large extra it took us ages to find in their huge specialities section, couldn't see any in with the other 100+ selection of normal honeys.

You NEED the ACTIVE - minimum 10+.  20+ or more would be great but should also be prohibitively expensive. If you see it & it isn't grab it & let me know too!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 07:41:13 AM by lindacarl »

Offline sannyrut

MRSA
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2007, 16:06:56 PM »
Hello Lindacarl.I have visited my GP today.I was taking Lansoprazole,but he has now prescribed omeprazole.Apparently my stomach is producing to much acid.I hope that this works.

Offline lindacarl

MRSA
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2007, 16:53:57 PM »
Lansoprazole & Omeprazole are BOTH proton inhibitors - one & the same thing.
Why don't you try Manuca? - I've (touch wood) now got myself off the Omeprazole by using Manuca Honey. I don't want shattered hips in the future & since they haven't been around that long & problems are already occuring I'm not prepared to risk taking them for any longer when a natural alternative works BETTER than them. Why pop pills if you can get rid of the problem altogether using NATURAL products?

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
MRSA
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2007, 19:07:35 PM »
Linda can you give me the website where you get this information from.

Offline lindacarl

MRSA
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2007, 19:32:41 PM »
Heather - I NEVER use just 1 website to get any information. I ALWAYS go to at least 10 or often many more if it's something I'm researching. 1 website can give you totally inaccurate information.

The initial information I got from The Christie Hospital website in Manchester & then I looked at the other websites they & others recommended. I ended up many places including Yale University, Universities in Canada, New Zealand & Australia. Also the Manuca producers give you links to trials that have been carried out. I looked for clinical trials also etc.

I don't have a list of sites visited. I did print off a lot of information but I gave it all to my doctor as I'd read it all. I don't have a trail you can follow.
The info regarding Omeprazole/proton pump inhibitors I caught on a TV program briefly & had researched this prior to finding out about Manuca.
Anyone can do the same as I've done & find the same sites. I'm off researching something completely different now & don't want to backtrack. If I wasn't positive what I found was accurate - I wouldn't have posted it.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
MRSA
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2007, 20:28:10 PM »
I am not questioning your information Linda I am looking for some good sites to find out if there are complications to the mix of tablets I am on at the moment.
I have a gp appt tomorrow and I wanted some information as to whether I should be taking the mix I am on-Tramadol,Fluoxetine and Lansaprazole.
I have been having some weird symptoms and think it may be down to this.  I have actually had suspicions for some time that the joint pain I am suffering from was due to Omeprazole and when I went to gp and told her this she changed me to Lansoprazole.  The symptoms if anything got worse.  I also believe the Tramadol has made me so drowsy and the Fluoxetine has made it difficult t sleep all night so I am going round permanently knackered.
I have got the manuka honey but so far it hasn't worked for me.  Probably because I am fighting so many tablets.
I did visit one of these chinese herbal shops that are in most centres these days.  I was looking for a miracle cure for weight loss.  he actually told me he would have to treat my stomach first and prescribed a mix of various teas and pills that would cost £25. I got a bit suspicious at this point and said I would go back but I didn't.   I may have boobed there.  So if anyone has any experience of these shops or any other info I would love to hear it.

An old crock looking for that youthful feeling again!!!!!!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf