Author Topic: MRSA  (Read 11120 times)

Offline busybee

MRSA
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2007, 17:22:04 PM »
I also saw the honey type stuff mixture of bee pollen and royal jelly.  Anyone know how much you should take a day - teaspoonful? for general well being purposes

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
MRSA
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2007, 18:12:33 PM »
Royal Jelly is the most concentrated goodness. Eat enough & you too might live 40 times as long as us normal beings PMSL - NOT! I don't think I'd want to be around that long in one incarnation.
Many people swear by 1 tsp daily. We brought a load back from the US at $5.99 reduced to 1/2 price therefore $2.99 for 326gm. If ever you see honey or Royal Jelly reduced as it's near to date - buy! Honey doesn't go off - EVER - well not for thousands of years. Got a feeling I read somewhere that it was found in mummies tombs & was still edible.

Offline sannyrut

MRSA
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2007, 16:47:10 PM »
Newspaper and TV today in UK said the Government said that incidents of MRSA were decreasing :)but C dificile was increasing:-\A pat on the back or a kick up the but[?]

Offline jantaylor

MRSA
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2007, 20:33:11 PM »
Reading this thread has been fascinating and informative.  My dad [82] was recently in a London hospital, he caught a "hospital transferred chest infection" :pneumonia, then got MRSA and another superbug - when he was transferred from the high dependency unit to a ward he was in isolation, but we, his family had to remind staff to put on aprons and clean their hands with gel, nor did they keep the door closed, so other patients were at risk of contacting it from him.  Dad died of cancer anyway, but not before he fought off all the infections, which astonished everyone.  I'm now thinking it may have been the fact that he used to eat a spoonful of honey first and last thing every day that enabled him to fight the infections even while he was so seriously ill.  I have always had great regard for the medical professions but I'm afraid I have to say that I now agree with Linda. A member of the family had to stay with dad all the time to ensure that he recieved care, as a lot, not all, of the nurses were appalling. I can't go into detail as it is all too raw.

Offline lindacarl

MRSA
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2007, 22:44:11 PM »
Surprised this thread has been brought back after all this time.
Sannyrut - they are actually using the hospital Carl was in (the one with urine all over the floor which wasn't cleaned up) as an example of how to do things now. No wonder their MRSA went down!
In Wales the cleaning staff are now hospital employees instead of bringing in outside contracters - that really makes more sense as now they are more liable for their actions/inactions.

I had to go to Newport this week for a pre admittance check - this should have included a few swabs for MRSA etc. - unfortunately they forgot to do this so I guess I'd better ring them tomorrow as I'm due in on 2nd. I was talking to the doc. & the sister about my experiences with Manuca - which they are now doing trials on in Cardiff apparently by putting on bandages. I'm taking a jar in with me (needless to say).

I found quite a change as the hand gel was everywhere, not just outside wards & huge signs up all over reminding people to use. Needless to say I didn't notice anyone else using except the staff & myself. Have we become a nation of illiterates? Or do we all think we are immune?

My acid reflux has gone - I used Manuca for approx. 21/2 months VERY regularly. (It's no good going at it half heartedly - you must use daily a few then couple then once a day for it to work properly.) Haven't used for months now but still keep it here - just in case! No more omeprazole for me - I actually think it was increasing the acid reflux if not taken regularly.

Jan, sorry for your loss. Unfortunately no-one will care for our loved ones as much as we will. Although to be fair many of the staff do try but for some it's a job not a vocation.

In the old days everyone seemed to take honey as a pick me up, lots of remedies had honey in - substituted now in most remedies for sugar syrup - which is a much, much cheaper alternative but it doesn't have any of the many benefits of honey. Maybe grandma did know best?

Offline pashka

• Sutton, Surrey, UK
MRSA
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2007, 23:05:59 PM »
As an Hospital employee of some 30 years it is mine and many colleagues thoughts that some of the infections on the wards could be caused by the fact that nurses are now allowed to wear their uniforms out of the hospitals and they launder them themselves. We also see theatre staff in the canteen in their "blues". We have complained to  the canteen hierarchy, who are supposed to refuse to serve them but to no avail. We also see patients with drips and catheters being served in the canteen.
So why  don't we go back to the days when nurses were NEVER allowed to wear uniforms out of the Hospital as to avoid the risk of cross infection and uniforms were washed "in house".
Pashka

Just a couple of simple things, but maybe, it just might help.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 23:07:13 PM by pashka »

Offline lindacarl

MRSA
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2007, 01:03:19 AM »
Pashka
As well as having 'in house' cleaners now in Wales none of the hospital staff are allowed out of the hospitals with uniforms & all uniform laundry is done in house.

I don't know whether the hospitals have reinstated their own laundry facilities - years ago all hospital laundry in the area was taken to one hospital site where there were huge laundry facilities. That was before the powers that be decided that contracting out the laundry was the way forward.

You never know in the future they might also decide to retain their trained nurses rather than employ 'bank' agency nurses. I've never figured out how paying an agency their astronomical fees is viable for the NHS?

Perhaps they might also buy back the hospitals they have sold to private corporations? How is the NHS going to afford increasing rental costs in the future without it affecting the standard of care that it would wish to have?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 01:07:03 AM by lindacarl »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf