Author Topic: Monthly Interest Date!!  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Ingol Angel

Monthly Interest Date!!
« on: February 07, 2007, 14:01:06 PM »
After being under the impression for the last 2 years that our monthly interest date at Finansbank is 'set in stone' (apart from when it lands on a Saturday or Sunday) imagine my surprise when a friend informed me today that according to Ayse's stand-in, it is a 30 day account and therefore the interest date changes from month to month!!!  Can anyone throw any light on this as we are now totally confused!!

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Monthly Interest Date!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 14:51:28 PM »
Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but wondered what has happened to Ayse is she still there
Mark

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Monthly Interest Date!!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 15:07:49 PM »
If it's credited every 30 days then it will be a different date each month - unless you have a calender with 30 days in every month.

Normal understanding of a 30 day account is that you have to give 30 days notice to withdraw money otherwise you will lose some interest. It might mean a different thing in Turkey though.

I'd check your statements for the last 2 years to see what date the interest is paid. You should be able to work out who is giving you the correct info.

Stoop

Offline cenk

Monthly Interest Date!!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 15:14:27 PM »
Sometimes banks give more intertests for different periods . For ex. 18% for 30 days and 19% for 33 days . Best way is , to ask the finishing day of due date and come to bank in that day and renew it according to interest rate of that day . By the way Ayse is still there but on holiday.

Offline Ingol Angel

Monthly Interest Date!!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 15:02:25 PM »
Thanks everyone, still not sure of what is the difinitive answer as for over 2 years ours has been constant.  Guess it's off to see Ayse on her return!!!

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
Monthly Interest Date!!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 17:52:05 PM »
You were right in the first place Ingol, the interest at Finansbank on a monthly account is always paid the same date each month, except if it falls on a weekend when it will be paid on the monday.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf