Author Topic: Help please  (Read 1865 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Help please
« on: April 03, 2007, 10:21:46 AM »
I am buying a Turkish mobile phone from someone when i come over in two weeks time ,i know about going to shop for top up but where do you get the number from .also as it a Turkish phone do you still lose your minuets what you have left if it is not used ,like you used to do when you had left a phone unused for a few weeks this is very confusing.

Lance  [?] [^]

Offline Fran

Help please
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 18:42:54 PM »
If the phone does not have sim card in it, you will need to buy one, the phone number will be printed on the sim card and on the documentation that comes with it. You then buy top ups as and when needed. If you don't use the phone for 3 months ( I think) you lose your credits. If you don't use the phone for 6 months then the sim is deactivated and you have to buy a new one.You will need your passport to buy a sim card.
Hope this helps
Fran

Offline ronzeus

Help please
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 18:50:46 PM »
I have got a pay as u go and never lost credits or sim.Mine is an avea sim card.

Offline Fran

Help please
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 19:11:15 PM »
Must just be Turkcell then, I might have to change to avea, it would save the hassle of buying new sim cards
every year.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Help please
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 23:29:58 PM »
hi can you remember where you bought your avea card also do you bring it back to UK or leave it in turkey.

Lance

I have got a pay as u go and never lost credits or sim.Mine is an avea sim card.
[/quote]

Offline ronzeus

Help please
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 09:18:35 AM »
Hi Lance, The sim card I got in one of the phone shops  near the PTT ,avea top up cards all over including corner shops .I take my phone back to England with me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf