Author Topic: Manuca Honey for acid reflux.- Anyone else trying?  (Read 5450 times)

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Manuca Honey for acid reflux.- Anyone else trying?
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 02:19:35 AM »
Jules - my throat probs. were unrelated. I suffered from the age of 13 with really bad septic throats - before they started I used to have a great singing voice, entering all the eisteddfods & always coming in the top 3 - the septic throats put an end to any singing career I could have had.

30+ yrs I suffered 2-4 times a year with horrendous throats until a wonderful lady told me about Bee Propalis. I already used Tea Tree but the bee propalis + Tea tree solved my throat problems completely. That was about 10yrs ago & I haven't had a septic throat since.

My gastric reflux started just 2 yrs ago but I've kept on with the Manuca, although I often forget now to take it I do try & take at least once a day. I know i have missed a couple of days here & there but the reflux hasn't come back. I'd say I'm using a jar about every 3 weeks now. If I know I've missed a couple of days I'll take 2 tsps the following day.

I do occasionally still feel as if I could become acidic but a teaspoon takes it away totally & I only feel acidic if I know I've missed taking for 2 days. Taking just 1tsp now a day I get no symptoms whatsoever.

Start with 3 tsp for at least the 1st 2 weeks & remember to take regularly & you'll probably find like me you can gradually reduce it - but keep taking for 3-4 months to kill all the H. Pylori.

Offline Jules1

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2007, 21:16:39 PM »
Thanks for that Linda.  Was good to have a natter with you last night in the chat room.
Julie

Offline suzi Q

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 21:18:57 PM »
Hi does it have to be Manuka 10+ or can i take a double dose of 5+?Thats all i could buy at the time.
suz

Offline lindacarl

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 03:18:34 AM »
I've never seen 5+ It's better than nothing. Sainsburys now are the cheapest for Manuka 10+ @ £5.99 a 340gm jar. Tescos are £9.99 now for the same. I sent off for an order online when it was never in my local.
I think I'd be tempted to use a little bit more regularly if it was 5+ (hopefully you paid less for the 5+). Have a little on some toast 20-30mins before your meals.

Over a year on & I've had no problems since. I do always keep a jar, just in case BUT it's such a relief that it appears to be gone for good. If it does start to come back it'll be manuka for me - not taking any more prescription meds than I really need to.

Been using Manuka on some pretty deep cuts on Carls' leg (from gardening in Turkey) that really seemed to be inflamed & getting infected. IF he used it daily I know they'd be gone by now BUT it has taken away a lot of the very bad inflammation quickly. He's only used it twice - MEN!!!

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 10:27:12 AM »
Linda - I have been taking Omeprazole for 15 years. Like others if I have just one spoonful of my morning cereal - and forget to take the Omeprazole - I have severe burning throughout the day.

Are you saying this really could cure this?

We do have a bowl of cereal and one piece of toast with honey on for breakfast each morning so can I treat that as my first spoonful?

Then is it just 2 neat teaspoons say early evening and last thing?
Do I stop the Omeprazole immediately and just hope the burning gets easier over time or do I run them both concurrently?

I must admit I don't like taking any tablets and although this is the only one I take I know my system has become dependent on it!

Ian

Ps I am also amazed that in such a small(ish) community there are so many people taking this drug!  :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 10:35:20 AM by Ian »

Offline lindacarl

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008, 11:34:40 AM »
Ian - I'm cured & so are many others just by taking Manuka.

My doctor, after my experience & researching now tells people to try Manuka before prescribing.
It's NOT a quick cure - it will take 3-4 months to get rid of the H. Pylori altogether BUT if you take regularly it does work.

They recommend taking 1 teaspoon on toast or bread 20 minutes before eating - 3 times a day. Take a bit more often if you start feeling acidic - sometimes a stressful day OR eating/drinking something you know you shouldn't brings on more acid.

In MY experience I took regularly for the 1st 2-3 weeks - see my other posts on it - then I cut it down slightly. I went off the Omeprazole after about a week taking Manuka from memory. I remember being slightly acidic after about 10 days & taking another Omeprazole - I really wished I hadn't as it seemed to bring on the acidic feeling - never took another one from that day onward!

Ian - I'd try it - it ain't going to harm you. Just put in a search on web for "Manuka acid reflux or peptic ulcer" - there is bags of evidence to show it works.

I'm SOOOOO glad I found it - no more burning, no more waking up with acid in my mouth. I was suffering really badly before I found Manuka honey. I've had an open jar for the last year - so you don't need to take forever. However once you have seen what it can do - you'll never be without a jar or 2 - just in case!

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 12:09:19 PM »
Linda - many thanks - I will give it a go.

I have wondered how would we get over my omeprazole problem when we start to spend 6 months in Turkey so this might be the answer.

I am also a firm believer that in years to come mankind will realise that many modern ailments are man made and most cures are naturally available to us - without getting to deep - self inflicted sums up an awful lot of our modern day illnesses.

I won't go too deeply into this but I used one of the earliest mobile phones during the late 80's early 90's and my phone bills show an average of about 2 hours per day as I was on the road and my business was growing rapidly!

I now suffer very bad pain if I hold a phone to my face (particularly hands free phones) for more than 30 seconds. I tried to get my case put forward to a Professor who was doing research on behalf of the government but just got a "fobbed off" response.

I am equally confident that I have got something wrong internally that will surface in later life - but the mobile phone lobby is too strong for governments to deal with the dangers caused by masts / mobiles etc.

Anyway enough of my Sunday morning rant - thanks for your advice.

Ian  :)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 14:23:02 PM »
 :)Hiya Ian, hope married life is going good,
I asked Linda about the manuka for my sister, who has just finished a course of radiation and has some quite severe burning, you can even put it on that,will let you know on that one,she only started 2 days ago,she has also orded the paw paw ointment, thanks to linda, I have even ordered some. I am wondering if this would be effective for psorisis, as one of my family have got it,(worth a try)and just to thank Linda for taking the time for educating us on something she believes in,
By the way Ian as for the phone problem, you should have stuck to pressing button B. ;)

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 14:32:42 PM »
Laffa - married life is good although I have not yet had breakfast in bed which was one of my requirements!

The Turkish wedding ceremony doesn't mention obey - so Gill keeps reminding me of this point - me being old fashioned I just think it is taken for granted!

Thanks to Linda for highlighting the "honey" and I will definitely give it a go!

Ian  :)

Ps Too young to remember button B - you must tell us all about it some time ;)

Offline lindacarl

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 15:31:12 PM »
Laffa - the Zulus use banana skin for psoriasis. Rub the inside of a banana skin on the psoriasis. I know someone came out with an ointment made from banana skins & coal tar. It's supposed to work in 40-50% of cases I believe. Might be worth a try?

Didn't you get your money back by pressing button B - I think you had to press A to talk??

Ian - best not to get me started on mobile phones. I hate the things & worry that children use them when their skulls are far thinner than ours. Who knows what damage we're causing future generations? The worst phones for EMF damage we now recycle to third world countries.

We used to distribute 'Cell Plus' a British invention that blocked the EMF transmissions - seems like they aren't available now - too many people think because you can't see it, it doesn't exist! £10 was too expensive to safeguard their & their childrens health. You are not alone in having problems. Some people told us before they put this on their phones they felt like their brains were frying.

Linda (mine of useful & useless information!)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf