Author Topic: Question about Currency Converter Please?  (Read 1855 times)

Offline JR

Question about Currency Converter Please?
« on: May 25, 2007, 09:01:58 AM »
(now, hopefully I have this in the proper category :-)

I live in the USA and have never traveled, but am just in LOVE with Turkey - the beauty, the people - Colwyn's writings are making me fall in love with the area!

I wondered how housing prices would compare there as compared to here in the USA, so I used to currency converter to put in a figure for a three level villa that I think was 485,600 Euros and I asked it to convert it to USA dollars and it came out like this: 476.8715
Does that mean four hundred and seventy six dollars and eighty seven cents? Or four hudred seventy six THOUSAND dollars (in which case the decimal point would be in the wrong place for US Dollars).......

Just curious........wondering if I could ever afford to come visit and see this beautiful country in person. I've never had the yen to travel until I saw photos of this beautiful country and it's amazing people!

Thanks for any assistance! :)

JR

Offline mavisim

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 09:18:32 AM »
485,600 euros currently translates to around 652,000 bucks.

www.xe.com is an easy site to use - hope this helps!

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 16:51:00 PM »
Hi J.R.not from Dallas are you with that sort of money you can by a small village have a look on the estate agents pages on here ,you will love it over in Turkey .

Lance :D

(now, hopefully I have this in the proper category :-)

I live in the USA and have never traveled, but am just in LOVE with Turkey - the beauty, the people - Colwyn's writings are making me fall in love with the area!

I wondered how housing prices would compare there as compared to here in the USA, so I used to currency converter to put in a figure for a three level villa that I think was 485,600 Euros and I asked it to convert it to USA dollars and it came out like this: 476.8715
Does that mean four hundred and seventy six dollars and eighty seven cents? Or four hudred seventy six THOUSAND dollars (in which case the decimal point would be in the wrong place for US Dollars).......

Just curious........wondering if I could ever afford to come visit and see this beautiful country in person. I've never had the yen to travel until I saw photos of this beautiful country and it's amazing people!

Thanks for any assistance! :)

JR
[/quote]

Offline JR

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 20:28:31 PM »
YIKES! LOL, no, definitely not from Texas.  Suppose I would have to be to get a home like that one........well, one can dream anyway :-)

Thanks so much for the replies and the link to other homes for sale (and the better money converter also!)

jr

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf