Author Topic: ex rate  (Read 1637 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
ex rate
« on: August 14, 2007, 11:13:34 AM »
Hi i know this isn't anything to do with turkey but i know there are a lot of brains out there better than mine what i want to know is .
A friend of mine is selling her house in Spain and moving back to UK she may buy in turkey later on ,she will end up with proceeds being paid in euros. Because the pound is strong against the dollar would she make more getting it in $ and changing it back when she comes
 back to UK i think i have explained it right cheers.

Lance [^] [?]  ;) :D

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
ex rate
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 11:41:54 AM »
If anyone knew that for definite I doubt very much they'd be found on these forums.
Even the US president gets it wrong. PMSL. The day after he said the country was OK & the markets had nothing to worry about - they took a nosedive.
We never thought that you'd get more than $2 to the £ - we were wrong. The US didn't try & peg it back - as they have done many times before. Will it go higher or lower - anyones' guess? It looks like they are allowing it to float & find its own level now. The $2 to £1 barrier has been broken -what happens next is anyones guess.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
ex rate
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 15:30:36 PM »
Surley it depends on the £ rate against the euro. If she has euros then why exchange them for a weak dollar - unless you expect the dollar to recover against the £.

Why not keep in euros what she expects to pay for a house in Turkey and then either convert it to YTL when the time is right or buy a house using the euros if possible. If required she could always convert the euros to £ and purchase the house with sterling.

However if she has a crystal ball and expects the dollar to recover then why not?

Stoop

ps - she could always convert the euros to YTL now and get the high interest rates - then purchase in YTL when she finds a house.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf