Author Topic: best exchange rate, Calis & Fethiye  (Read 4625 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
best exchange rate, Calis & Fethiye
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 06:07:24 AM »
I changed some money on Wednesday rang my Nationwide they offered 2.59 but had to pay £3.50 delivery can not pick it up in the branch, so I got some from Barclays at 2.56, always use my Nationwide card, but did not want to arrive with no Lira.
Mark

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 06:57:14 AM »
Linda - thanks for the detail and I am "nearly" convinced.
If I remember rightly when I go the ATM and withdraw on my Nationwide card it doesn't tell you the rate?

Is there anyway you can see what the rate is or do you have to wait until you get home?

Ian (thinking of taking blackberry on holiday to use outside ATM) :D

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 09:58:47 AM »
You have to wait until after you've taken the money out.
I know I've checked a few hours later on Nationwide - if you have Internet banking access, so can you!
Maybe it's not such a bright thing to do in an internet cafe though?
No doubt someone will tell us if it's safe?
Blackberry? I have no idea what that is - I'm really puter literate - NOT!

Offline jantaylor

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 15:37:55 PM »
I always get a good rate from the change office in Fethiye, no idea what it's called, but it's just around the corner from the bank street and they have the rate on display. They don't charge commission so what you see is what you get.  If I can't get into Fethiye then I go to the guy on the seafront.  I've forgoten his name, but he works out of the gift shop before you get to the twins place. If you use him a few times he will remember you and give you a better rate than the one on the board.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 16:25:20 PM »
Linda - the Blackberry is a Phone / E-mail / Diary / Internet Connection in one small handheld device. It also has 3G so all those services are available via satellite so you can access the internet without being plugged into anything. Easier to take on holiday than a laptop!

I only have one because my employer has issued me with one so I can work anywhere, anytime and I suspect they know EXACTLY where I am as well ! [:(!]

Ian  :)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 21:35:04 PM »
I've got a blackberry too and there's no way its coming on holiday with me. Too easy to read emails etc. Want to totally shut off this time! getting a Turkish sim this time. Last time the blackberry cost me a fortune in personal calls and texts( work for the nhs so of course pay for own use!)
back on thread-found that using the flex account has got us the best rates but only find out once we're home- not sufficiently bothered to find out when we're there. Buying lira here isn't as cost effective would rather use flex or take sterling.

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 12:24:48 PM »
I have a blackberry & it comes away with me - great to get internet access while on holiday and keep in touch as I can get my personal emails on work, more then that the company pays for it so if people ring me while I am away they pick up the tab. I can just about get CBF on it but its a bit slow so I lose patience. Yar I do answer emails on occasion but they tent to be important ones from my boss or his boss - so I look good and committed!!!!
Sorry off thread - I think we are going to use NW as it comes out of hubby's account & not mine.

Lorraine

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 16:23:33 PM »
The man operating out of the Mado ice cream shop on Calis prom is hard to beat. The good rate of exchange is on a board on the prom,he shows you on a desk calculator exactly what you are getting and then carefully counts out the Lira to you. Very pleasant individual,has never paid me over the shown rate but is usually good for a cup of tea or coffee.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf