Author Topic: Which Bank?  (Read 12015 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Which Bank?
« on: October 10, 2007, 15:37:53 PM »
A question for the folk living in Turkey, Which bank and why?
do they all give the same rate of interest?

Tinking of moving soon ;)

Offline Firo

Which Bank?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 18:30:48 PM »
We're with Finans after a short time with Yapi Credit. Ayse speaks excellant English, their web site is in English and their rates as good as anyone else.
Glad to hear you are coming to join us Tinks, good luck.
Fi & Eric

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Which Bank?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 18:41:41 PM »
Finans is a good bank, Ayse is always pleasant & helpful  :)

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Which Bank?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 22:14:15 PM »
A bank which will not give you your money when you ask them is not a good bank - so Finams Bank does not tick all the right boxes for me. There reason was they didn't have enough money and they had a customer due who wanted to make a big withdrawal. So much for first in the queue gets priority.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Which Bank?
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 22:19:06 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Twin Bee

A bank which will not give you your money when you ask them is not a good bank - so Finams Bank does not tick all the right boxes for me. There reason was they didn't have enough money and they had a customer due who wanted to make a big withdrawal. So much for first in the queue gets priority.

:o B-Hell TB, how much did you want to withdraw ???
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 22:20:02 PM by cef »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Which Bank?
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 22:28:14 PM »
I avoid Finansbank nowadays unless I have no choice. Ayse is worth her weight in gold but there must be 20x more customers than when I first used to go in for a fag  ;) - the poor girl serves 3, has a phone in each ear and apologises for keeping people waiting, when it is only her who keeps the waiting time down.

We have taken a ticket downstairs, gone off to Gima, done a good shop, taken it to the car and returned, just to find that there is another 30 minutes to wait.

Anyone notice the middle guy in the downstairs bit? I never saw him serve anyone! He spends all day "counting money"!

Besides and furthermore, I don't appreciate the stories I am told - the lady who needed to call on her insurance policy, only to be told she wasn't covered for something she specifically asked to be, the guy who lost his card in the ATM, only to find 1200 YTL taken in the next few hours (just before and just after midnight) who was told it was his problem and that was the end of that story, and my good friend who asked to take out his cash, like Twin Bee told they didn't have enough money, but they could do a credit transfer - then told him there was a hefty fee to transfer money! They charge you money when they can't give you money! Absolutely ridiculous.

I find HSBC to be fairly good, and DenizBank are very good with a little frustration over full English communication sometimes.

Whay can't these people speak English, we are the saviours of the Turkish economy  ;)

Offline AndyLin

Which Bank?
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 22:35:17 PM »
Have been with Finans for 2 years no problems, monthly account you can only withdraw on the date given, daily account you can take out any day. You will have no interest on a £ account, but can get up to 18.5% on a monthly account.

Offline farry

Which Bank?
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 09:25:20 AM »
Was with Akbank, had to be dragged kicking and screaming in there. Wasted half a day every time went there, and found very stressful. HSBC much better, able to transfer from English sterling to Turkish sterling accounts for £10.  Also once turkish account set up, able to set up high interest accounts on Internet, and monitor daily.  Internet site very user friendly. Would recommend.

Offline cenk

Which Bank?
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 12:12:43 PM »
I am working with Finansbank and happy with them .
If you want to withdraw a big amount , it will be enough if you notify them by phone one day ago , all banks work like this.

The worst ones about service in Fethiye are , Garanti and Isbankasi ,  those two are the ones that I will never work with.
About interest , all banks are giving nearly same .If you are putting a good amount ,  you can make it  %1 - %2 higher by speaking them.
Cenk
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 12:18:57 PM by cenk »

Offline sunnyd

Which Bank?
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 13:21:31 PM »
not finans for me either i'm afraid! Opened an account for my little boy who was 2 at the time, explained to Ayse that I wanted a savings account for him, she knew his age etc. All of that was fine..... but when I went to pay money in some time later and his book got updated he had LESS money in than he had started with!! Never got a complete explanation tax and bank charges(!!!!) for a two year old!!, AND had to pay 15 lira to change his account! hasten to add, account closed and moved!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf