Author Topic: Which Bank?  (Read 12014 times)

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Which Bank?
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 16:47:56 PM »
Cef - Only £2000 so not a lot!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Which Bank?
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 16:56:02 PM »
In 2p's

Offline kim

• Harefield, Middlesex, UK
Which Bank?
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 18:37:54 PM »
I have been with Oyak bank for over 5 years ,very good service ,no problems .Kim

Offline quackers

Which Bank?
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 08:02:46 AM »
We use Finans and use internet banking system. No problems. Our interest is paid direct into our daily account so no need to go to the bank just use debit card to withdraw money, direct debits payments for most bills just like UK. On the rare occasions we have had to go to the bank we speak to whoever is free as they all speak english. If we have to wait I always get a cay and chill.

Offline col

Which Bank?
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 12:17:53 PM »
Also very happy with Finans.  Find the website, Ayse & other staff there most helpful & friendly. So there may be a wait sometimes, possibly something to do with the many many customers they have, simply because they find Finans the best overall bank in Turkey.
I was tempted to use HSBC, but was informed by staff in the UK not to touch them in Turkey as they were no-where near as efficient as they should be. That coming from UK based HSBC staff would you believe.

quote:
Originally posted by quackers

We use Finans and use internet banking system. No problems. Our interest is paid direct into our daily account so no need to go to the bank just use debit card to withdraw money, direct debits payments for most bills just like UK. On the rare occasions we have had to go to the bank we speak to whoever is free as they all speak english. If we have to wait I always get a cay and chill.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Which Bank?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 15:14:12 PM »
As business goes, I'd say that is a poor reflection of the quality and professionalism of HSBC's staff in the UK rather than Turkey.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Which Bank?
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 16:04:17 PM »
We use Garanti and during the summer we used the new branch just before Migros.  Absolutely fab.  No waiting, excellent English spoken.  Try not to go into the Fethiye branch though!  The queues are enormous!

Offline Stressed Eric

Which Bank?
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 09:48:54 AM »
We use Garanti. The new branch is excellent. You can go upstairs and speak to an advisor usually straight away. Their internet site is second to none. We can do absolutely everything online, so a need to visit the branch is very few and far between. We contemplated moving banks when we were offered a marginally better interest rate somewhere else but then reconsidered..sometimes its better the devil you know.

Offline my way

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 15:37:19 PM »
Finansbank for me too. Had enough problems and without Ayse I dont know where I would be now. However, a bit worried about the recent interest rate reductions. Having shopped around the banks only seem to be giving a maximum of 17.5 % gross at the moment. Anyone concurr?

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Which Bank?
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 15:40:54 PM »
How can you be worried.....that's about three times the UK rate and you are paying less interest on your investment!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf