Author Topic: tourist visa overstay fine  (Read 1751 times)

Offline colmoor

tourist visa overstay fine
« on: December 06, 2007, 11:43:16 AM »
Hi there
Does anyone know what the fine is if you overstay on your tourist visa. No i havent but im curious to know what the possible fine could be. id heard it is charged by the day. am i correct.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 12:49:25 PM »
Yes, there is a tariff of about 85YTL per day for overstaying a Tourist Visa. However, a number of people on various forums have posted about being fined and, like most things in Turkey, it depends completely on how lucky you are on the day. Some have gotten away with paying nothing and others have been fined far more than the tariff figures.

Similarly, if you don't renew your Residence Permit within the 14 day grace period and you overstay, you are subject to a fine roughly equivalent to twice the monthly fee for each month or part month, plus a percentage, less a discount for paying in cash.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 17:57:43 PM by KKOB »

Offline apollo

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 13:28:19 PM »
I went to the police station in Antalya yesterday, my residence visa expires at the end of next month.

I was told to apply no earlier than 10 days before or no later than 10 days after the due date.

Offline colmoor

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 17:39:09 PM »
no its a tourist visa not a residence visa

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 15:31:56 PM »
my son and i overstayed by one and a half days and of course we hadn't got much lira left.The immigration officers were really sharp with us and it was a case of "get the money now,or you stay here"luckily i had a credit card which the ATM accepted eventually but it was very scary.The other side of Turkish hospitality I think.

Offline colmoor

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 15:36:00 PM »
oop sounds scary that does to me too

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 15:57:03 PM »
 :)friends of ours were 1 day over because the husband had been in hospital, they were flown home with a doctor, but this was not accepted as a viable reason and they had to pay £185, not good customer relations there then. ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf