Author Topic: Fethiye state hospital  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Tartdog

« on: February 22, 2008, 23:02:42 PM »
Due to go to Olu Deniz in June for a second time,anyone help identify a certain Hospital in Fethiye.Back in I believe 2000 I was admitted as an emergency to what I believe was called Fethiye state hospital.It was an absolute horrific place,very old building,poor condition,very unhygenic,blood on the walls and everywhere,broken glass,no toilets,no wards etc just a few rooms.I was kept there for a couple of days (eventually against my own will)the insurance company managed to trace me and said that I shouldn't be there at all,with the help of family I left.Can anyone correctly help me identify this Hospital.I believe that it may have been demolished.Thanks for your time.

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
Fethiye state hospital
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 23:08:59 PM »
That sounds like Selly Oak Hospital Birmingham!

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Fethiye state hospital
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 00:09:14 AM »
It sounds like the old hospital at the junction with the beach road and carsi caddesi- it was a bit like an abbatoir and in the olden days when the dolmus used to stop nearby if you were lucky you could catch a glimpse of some poor sod on a trolley!

Offline sunnyd

Fethiye state hospital
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 12:12:53 PM »
what a perfect description of the ye olde state hospital! situated opposite the mosque in Fethiye. Now closed as a hospital, as they built the new state hospital in Calis. It has not been demolished though. I too was a past inpatient of the old state hospital.... and am so glad I don't have to relive that experience!!

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Fethiye state hospital
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 13:54:12 PM »
times have changed, thank goodness,i was at the old place years ago and declined a tetnus injection, after an accident,  given with fluid from a jar with a rusty top..the new place is excellent though with very good facilities and clean..

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Fethiye state hospital
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 13:54:30 PM »
:DI remember Kenny going their with a broken shoulder and their was a man getting injected and loads of police holding him down, and tv cameras filming everything, Kenny was passed his x-ray on a bulldog clip still dripping ?,we could'nt get out of that toilet fast enough.and your sopot on about the blood on the walls. ;)

Offline Tartdog

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 15:32:49 PM »
Thats the one,I WAS that poor sod on the trolley,I also remember the Mosque just to the rear,the surgeons gowns blowing in the wind above the open sewer pits,(the image of some guy who told me he was a Dr)who was drawing a felt tip pen line across my chest speaking out the only English words I think he knew "Tourist I Cut here!!!!!!!!!!!!!".The guard at the front door who blocked my path when I tried to leg it.It was like hell on earth,does anybody know the name of the place?.Anyway we are back to Olu Deniz this June and I feel so much more relieved now knowing that I won't get taken therre again if I/we get ill.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Fethiye state hospital
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 17:20:04 PM »
Oh my God (sorry I do not mean to blaspheme!) but that sounds like something out of a horror film.
If we do get sick whilst on holiday in Calis is it the new hospital we would go to I have been past on the dolmus and it looks rather nice.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Fethiye state hospital
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 22:44:35 PM »
Hi went to new hospital a few months ago very nice in side ,had something stuck in my ear lobe pulled it out £6.00 in and out in 20 mins.ok lads get yer teeth in to that one he he .

Lance:D

Oh my God (sorry I do not mean to blaspheme!) but that sounds like something out of a horror film.
If we do get sick whilst on holiday in Calis is it the new hospital we would go to I have been past on the dolmus and it looks rather nice.
[/quote]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Fethiye state hospital
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 22:50:38 PM »
Six quid to remove somebodies fist? :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf